Galloway trial delayed for third time

By: Kayla Dimick | Southfield Sun | Published June 23, 2020



File photo by Erin Sanchez


PONTIAC — The trial for a Berkley man accused of killing Farmington Hills resident Danielle Stislicki has been delayed for a third time, according to court documents.

On Sept. 9 and 10, Floyd Galloway, who is charged in the 2016 disappearance and murder of Stislicki, appeared before Farmington Hills 47th District Court Judge James Brady for a preliminary hearing.

Brady determined there was “overwhelming evidence” to bind the case over to Oakland County Circuit Court.

Galloway’s trial was originally slated for the week of Jan. 27, but it was adjourned to April 20 in front of Judge Phyllis McMillen.

According to court documents, the trial has been again adjourned to Dec. 7 in order for Galloway to change attorneys.

Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel announced the murder charge against Galloway during a March 5 press conference in Lansing.

Last December, Galloway was sentenced to 16-35 years in prison for the Sept. 4, 2016, attempted rape of a Hines Park jogger in Livonia. Prior to that arrest, in June 2017, Galloway was considered a person of interest in the disappearance of Stislicki, who has not been found.

Galloway is a former security guard at MetLife in Southfield, where Stislicki worked.

Stislicki was last seen Dec. 2, 2016, leaving MetLife, according to Farmington Hills police, but her vehicle was found at her home at the Independence Green Apartments in Farmington Hills.

During the pretrial hearing in front of Brady, numerous witnesses testified on behalf of the prosecution team to prove that there was enough evidence for the case to be bound over.

Investigators painted a picture of Galloway’s activities the night Stislicki went missing: He allegedly got a ride from Stislicki from MetLife to his house in Berkley, where they believe Stislicki’s murder took place, and then he took her car back to her apartment. He allegedly walked from her apartment to a Tim Hortons in Farmington Hills, called a cab and got dropped off across the street from MetLife, where he picked up his car, according to testimony.

Galloway is charged with one count of first-degree premeditated murder, a felony that could carry a life sentence without parole.

Ellen Michaels, Galloway’s new attorney, said she is going over the discovery in the case.

“There are evidentiary issues we’re addressing,” Michaels said. “There isn’t much more to say at this point.”   

A Facebook page dedicated to Stislicki posted an update May 8 alerting their followers of the change.

“We sincerely hope that will be the start date, but we understand that everything is up in the air at this point,” the post reads. “We appreciate everyone’s love, support and words of comfort.”