- Boys Football Dakota PPD Chippewa Valley PPD 9/03
- Boys Football Southfield Lathrup 7 Royal Oak High 21 9/03
- Boys Tennis Troy Athens 5 Rochester 3 9/02
- Boys Tennis Fraser 6 Chippewa Valley 2 9/02
- Boys Soccer Rochester Adams 1 De La Salle 0 9/01
- Boys Soccer Brother Rice 2 Fenton 0 8/31
- Boys Soccer Macomb Dakota 1 Utica 0 8/31
- Boys Soccer Sterling Heights Stevenson 4 Grosse Pointe North 0 8/31
Grosse Pointe Farms
Grosse Pointe South swim wins division championship
February 27, 2013
Another year and another division championship for Grosse Pointe South’s boys swim team.
South won what coach Eric Gunderson said is the program’s 14th consecutive Macomb Area Conference Red Division swimming and diving championship meet Feb. 23.
South finished with 425 points; Macomb Dakota was second with 295.
“They really stepped up,” Gunderson said of his team. “If you would have told me (Dakota) was going to score 295 coming into the meet, I would have said, ‘Well, it might be hard to beat (them).’ Dakota’s real strong. They had a lot of depth. That was really the team that was going to give us the run.”
South won all three relay events at the meet and picked up individual victories from Douglas Graham (200 freestyle), Jacob Montague (200 individual medley), Patrick Johnson (100 butterfly and 100 backstroke) and Samuel Wilkinson (500 freestyle).
South’s victory helps to cap off a strong season within the division, as it also captured a MAC Red dual-meet title.
At press time, Gunderson said South had seven swimmers who had qualified for the Division 2 state finals March 8-9 at Oakland University.
South will also have an opportunity to bring some divers to Oakland. Diving regionals are March 5 at Beverly Hills Groves High School.