WARREN — Police are searching for the men who robbed two Family Dollar stores in Warren in a span of less than seven hours Feb. 4.
According to Warren Police Detective Sgt. Stephen Mills, two suspects — both described as black men — used a handgun to steal cash from employees at the Family Dollar store on Nine Mile Road just east of Ryan at about 2:30 p.m. Mills said the same two men were suspected of robbing employees at the Family Dollar store on Eight Mile Road west of Mound at 9 p.m.
Mills said descriptions of the suspects matched in both robberies. One of the men wore a dark jacket over a grey hooded sweatshirt. The second suspect wore a black jacket and a hat. In both incidents, one of the men was armed with a handgun.
Police said the men fled by an unknown means with a small amount of cash after both robberies.
“They do a lot of cash sales. They (the customers) pay cash, so there’s cash readily available,” Mills said. “They (the employees) do the smart thing and just give up the money.”
Police hoped still images of the men captured on security video would help generate information leading to their arrest.
Anyone with information about the suspects or the robberies can reach Warren detectives at (586) 574-4810.
- 30 DAYS
- Local families participate in kidney walk - Macomb Township
- Ride to explore sights of St. Clair Shores - St. Clair Shores
- Sterling Heights teen to sing in Nashville — and at Sterlingfest - Sterling Heights
- Teens caught shooting paintballs at homes - St. Clair Shores
- Decades of Dress features ageless fashion - Rochester Hills
- Kyte Monroe Park rededicated to ensure coach’s legacy lives on - St. Clair Shores
- New Kroger could be finished by Thanksgiving - Roseville
- BHS recognized as one of the most challenging high schools in the state - Berkley
- Auto accident critically injures Stevenson student - Sterling Heights
- A mother’s dream come true - Macomb Township
- Stevenson student dies after M-53 accident - Sterling Heights
- Sheriff shares latest developments in fatal Stony Creek crash - Shelby Township
- Three 17-year-olds die in single-vehicle crash at park - Shelby Township
- Madison district plans next phase of consolidated campus - Madison Heights