WARREN — Police are searching for the men who robbed two Family Dollar stores in Warren in a span of less than seven hours Feb. 4.
According to Warren Police Detective Sgt. Stephen Mills, two suspects — both described as black men — used a handgun to steal cash from employees at the Family Dollar store on Nine Mile Road just east of Ryan at about 2:30 p.m. Mills said the same two men were suspected of robbing employees at the Family Dollar store on Eight Mile Road west of Mound at 9 p.m.
Mills said descriptions of the suspects matched in both robberies. One of the men wore a dark jacket over a grey hooded sweatshirt. The second suspect wore a black jacket and a hat. In both incidents, one of the men was armed with a handgun.
Police said the men fled by an unknown means with a small amount of cash after both robberies.
“They do a lot of cash sales. They (the customers) pay cash, so there’s cash readily available,” Mills said. “They (the employees) do the smart thing and just give up the money.”
Police hoped still images of the men captured on security video would help generate information leading to their arrest.
Anyone with information about the suspects or the robberies can reach Warren detectives at (586) 574-4810.
- 30 DAYS
- EPA work to close Harper Avenue for weeks - St. Clair Shores
- West Bloomfield hopes to ‘eliminate the stigma’ - West Bloomfield
- K-9 to receive bulletproof vest - Grosse Pointe Woods
- Shelby to Utica trail connection work to wrap up Nov. 15 - Shelby Township
- Rochester hires new city manager - Rochester
- Multitasking your workout - Metro Detroit
- New web series features talents of local actors - St. Clair Shores
- Teacher uses bracelets to spread positive behavior - Roseville
- Men steal thousands in cigarettes - St. Clair Shores
- Serious crash occurs at 23 Mile and Schoenherr - Shelby Township
- Roseville teacher honored for 48 years of service - Roseville
- Police say deceased man found below tower likely took own life - Shelby Township
- Made in Michigan Festival returns with race, food trucks and more - St. Clair Shores
- Woman killed in boating accident on Lake St. Clair - Harrison Township