WarrenFebruary 5, 2013
Robbers target Warren discount stores
By Brian Louwers
C & G Staff Writer
WARREN — Police are searching for the men who robbed two Family Dollar stores in Warren in a span of less than seven hours Feb. 4.
According to Warren Police Detective Sgt. Stephen Mills, two suspects — both described as black men — used a handgun to steal cash from employees at the Family Dollar store on Nine Mile Road just east of Ryan at about 2:30 p.m. Mills said the same two men were suspected of robbing employees at the Family Dollar store on Eight Mile Road west of Mound at 9 p.m.
Mills said descriptions of the suspects matched in both robberies. One of the men wore a dark jacket over a grey hooded sweatshirt. The second suspect wore a black jacket and a hat. In both incidents, one of the men was armed with a handgun.
Police said the men fled by an unknown means with a small amount of cash after both robberies.
“They do a lot of cash sales. They (the customers) pay cash, so there’s cash readily available,” Mills said. “They (the employees) do the smart thing and just give up the money.”
Police hoped still images of the men captured on security video would help generate information leading to their arrest.
Anyone with information about the suspects or the robberies can reach Warren detectives at (586) 574-4810.
- Last 24 Hours
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- WB board to petition governor for treasurer’s removal - West Bloomfield
- Bashara seeks laptop in jail as he prepares for murder trial - Detroit
- Commission takes stance against I-75 expansion - Royal Oak
- Puppies transform prisoners - Rochester Hills
- Hackel touts ‘resurgence’ of Macomb County economy - Macomb County
- Troy makes Grand Sakwa offer for transit center land - Troy
- All in the family - Clinton Township
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi - Metro Detroit
- Looking Back: 1920s Coolidge Highway - Berkley
- Lieutenant promoted to Deputy Police Chief - St. Clair Shores
- Looking Back: Warren Co-op - Warren
- Ferndale resident taking part in Potters Market for first time - Ferndale
- Avoid holiday horror stories - Shelby Township
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer - Shelby Township
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams - Walled Lake
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee - Macomb Township
- East Detroit student dies following pool accident - Eastpointe
- Attorney dies in Harper Avenue crash - St. Clair Shores
- CVHS students to stage production of ‘Hairspray’ - Clinton Township
- Looking Back: Selinsky-Green Farmhouse c. 1898 - St. Clair Shores
- Sterling woman hurt in shooting - Sterling Heights
- Christmas comes to the Shores - St. Clair Shores
- County board considers regional water authority proposal - Macomb County
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee
- Child prodigy becomes youngest artist exhibited at Park West Gallery
- All in the family
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi