WARREN — Police are searching for the men who robbed two Family Dollar stores in Warren in a span of less than seven hours Feb. 4.
According to Warren Police Detective Sgt. Stephen Mills, two suspects — both described as black men — used a handgun to steal cash from employees at the Family Dollar store on Nine Mile Road just east of Ryan at about 2:30 p.m. Mills said the same two men were suspected of robbing employees at the Family Dollar store on Eight Mile Road west of Mound at 9 p.m.
Mills said descriptions of the suspects matched in both robberies. One of the men wore a dark jacket over a grey hooded sweatshirt. The second suspect wore a black jacket and a hat. In both incidents, one of the men was armed with a handgun.
Police said the men fled by an unknown means with a small amount of cash after both robberies.
“They do a lot of cash sales. They (the customers) pay cash, so there’s cash readily available,” Mills said. “They (the employees) do the smart thing and just give up the money.”
Police hoped still images of the men captured on security video would help generate information leading to their arrest.
Anyone with information about the suspects or the robberies can reach Warren detectives at (586) 574-4810.
- 30 DAYS
- Woman carjacked outside Lakeside Mall - Sterling Heights
- Armed suspect robs restaurant patron - Grosse Pointes
- Berkley, Ferndale named top places for young professionals in metro Detroit - Berkley
- State says to watch for invasive beetle on Michigan’s doorstep - Metro Detroit
- Man arrested after Harrison Township home invasion - Harrison Township
- Police searching for serial poop-smearing suspects - Utica
- Man found dead in prayer position in front yard of home - Troy
- Shopping center, Kroger coming to 26 Mile and Van Dyke - Shelby Township
- From shipping container to residential development - Metro Detroit
- Macomb Township native sings her way into finals of ‘America’s Got Talent’ - Macomb Township
- Woman killed in head-on collision on Lake Shore - Grosse Pointe Farms
- Crash survivor arraigned on alcohol charge - Shelby Township
- From student to principal - Clinton Township
- Put proper hydration on your summer to-do list - Metro Detroit