SouthfieldMay 25, 2012
Police investigate attempted sexual assault
By Jennie Miller
C & G Staff Writer
When she heard a knock on her apartment door, a 24-year-old woman living in the Providence Towers Apartments cautiously asked who it was.
A voice on the other side replied that it was “Kevin” from Consumers Energy, and the woman decided to open the door slightly to speak with the subject.
That’s when he pushed his way in.
The woman was knocked into a wall from the force of the door. The man demanded she be quiet, and told her he had a gun before attempting to remove her clothes.
She resisted. He tried to choke her. She kicked him in the groin.
At that point, police said, the subject stopped the assault and ran from the apartment.
Police are now on the hunt for the man described as a very skinny black man with a medium complexion, between the ages of 18 and 23, approximately 5 feet 7 inches tall, with a short, “nappy” beard. He was wearing a white T-shirt, gray “washed” colored jeans, and new-looking white sandals. He had a Metro PCS cell phone attached to the waistband of his pants. He was seen leaving the parking lot of the apartment complex in a dark-colored Honda Acura or Civic.
The incident occurred at 1 p.m. May 18, in the 16300 block of W. Nine Mile Road.
Anyone with information is asked to immediately call the Southfield Police Department at (248) 796-5500.
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- Missing woman found dead - West Bloomfield
- Emagine scraps plans for Roseville location - Roseville
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall - Berkley
- All in the family - Clinton Township
- Man robs Roseville bank - Roseville
- Police seek help in fatal hit-and-run - Clinton Township
- Premature birth rates decline in Michigan for sixth year - Metro Detroit
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer - Shelby Township
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams - Walled Lake
- Mom, man she met online to stand trial on child sex charge - Warren
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee - Macomb Township
- East Detroit student dies following pool accident - Eastpointe
- Attorney dies in Harper Avenue crash - St. Clair Shores
- CVHS students to stage production of ‘Hairspray’ - Clinton Township
- Voters approve human rights ordinance - Royal Oak
- Sterling woman hurt in shooting - Sterling Heights
- Christmas comes to the Shores - St. Clair Shores
- County board considers regional water authority proposal - Macomb County
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee
- Child prodigy becomes youngest artist exhibited at Park West Gallery
- All in the family
- Digital diet could help put emotions, priorities in shape