Roseville Middle School cleared after bomb threat May 12

By: Brendan Losinski | Roseville - Eastpointe Eastsider | Published May 14, 2021

File photo

Advertisement

ROSEVILLE — Roseville Community Schools are assuring parents that their students are safe following a bomb threat at Roseville Middle School May 12.

The district reported that the school had received an email regarding a bomb threat and then immediately evacuated the building and contacted the Roseville Police Department. After an investigation into the matter, the department said there was no real threat.

“The bomb threat was a hoax,” Roseville Police Chief Ryan Monroe said in an email. “Our detective bureau is currently investigating who sent the email to the school. The department’s bomb dog and several other bomb dogs from the area cleared the school. It is believed that a student sent the email, but this has not been confirmed. This is still an ongoing investigation.”

Students resumed classes May 13, with district officials stating in an email to parents that the “children did an excellent job (May 12) during this evacuation.”

“If they are a student, they will face discipline according to our code of conduct,” the district stated in the same email to parents. “Students often think this type of behavior is a joke, not fully understanding the impact it has on the school, the community, or the potentially severe consequences that come with it. Today, please take the time to speak to your child about the serious consequences that come from making threats like this.”

As of May 14, no one had been taken into custody in connection to the threat.

Advertisement