Oakland CountyJuly 16, 2012
OAA coaches recognize best in baseball season
By Mike Moore
C & G Sports Writer
The dust has settled on the 2012 high school baseball season.
Though the summer months are in full gear, there is still time to take a look back at the 2012 season and recognize some of the best players the Oakland Activities Association had to offer.
Lake Orion High re-established itself as an OAA power in 2012, running a 13-2 record all the way to a Red Division crown. Rochester Hills Stoney Creek (10-5), Clarkston High (9-6), Rochester High (4-9), Rochester Adams (4-10) and Oxford High (3-11) round out the standings.
All-Association accolades in the Red go to Nick Deeg, Nick Vogelmeir, Brad Schaenzer, Ryan Lambrecht and Nolan Page, Lake Orion; Niko Gonzalez, Zak Northrup, Mike DeFrancis and Eric Gilgenback, Stoney Creek; Dlyan Peck, Nick Mazzone and Jake Forsten, Clarkston; Evan Sucinck and Justin Bommarito, Rochester; Alex Taylor and Alex Borglin, Adams; and Kyle Hartwick, Oxford.
Beverly Hills Groves played its way back to the top of the White, finishing with an 11-4 mark. North Farmington (10-5), Famrington High (8-7), Birmingham Seaholm (7-8), West Bloomfield (7-8) and Farmington Hills Harrison (2-13) rounded out the results.
All-Association honors go to Jake Balicki, Ryan Williams, Scott Feist, Griffin Harms and Chase Turner, Groves; Sterling Sharp, Jonny Deutsch, David Lett and Eric Stanis, North Farmington; Connor Mohr, Troy Mitchell and Jon Perry, Farmington; Spencer Gick and Josh Leitman, Seaholm; Timo Deyoung and Josh Birnburg, West Bloomfield; and Steve Marowski, Harrison.
The Blue also came down to the final days, as Auburn Hills Avondale (12-3) held off Bloomfield Hills Andover (11-4) to take the crown by one game. Birmingham Lahser (8-7), Troy High (7-8), Royal Oak High (4-11) and Troy Athens (3-12) rounded out the standings.
The All-Association roster includes A.J. Susick, Mitch Robinson, Matt Andrus, Joe Davison and Dylan Ahern, Avondale; Gabe Berman, Emerson Misch, Marlon Pruitt and Tim Zobl, Andover; Neal Krentz, Kyle Riley and Rielly Manz, Lahser; Nick Guitar and Mike Thomas, Troy; Dominic Valente and Alex Tuszynski, Royal Oak; and Tommy Eng, Athens.
Berkley High was the lone unbeaten team in the OAA this past spring, claiming the Gold Division with a 12-0 mark. Lathrup Village Southfield-Lathrup (8-4), Southfield High (8-4), Ferndale High (7-5), Pontiac High (5-7), Hazel Park High (2-10) and Oak Park High (1-11) followed.
All-Association honors go to Nick Bauer, Ian Kobernick, Taylor Morrissey, Brad Burke and Dugan Fernandez, Berkley; Johnny Slater, James Parker, John Hall and Eric Langford, Lathrup; David Cole, Leon Miles, Justin Danzey and Jalen Summers, Southfield; Noah Reiter and Keith Waldrup, Ferndale; Dazon Cole and Jody Harrison, Pontiac; and Cody Ferris, Hazel Park.
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- Brother Rice rolls past Catholic Central to claim league title - Birmingham
- Bishop Foley defends Catholic League title with win over NDP - Madison Heights
- Utica girls track captures dual-meet championship - Utica
- Lake Orion High boys golf proves to be best in county - Lake Orion
- Ferndale High golf off to strong start - Ferndale
- Chippewa golf aims for league championship and postseason success - Clinton Township
- East Detroit boys golf coach touts players’ growth - Eastpointe
- Local gymnast qualifies for Junior Olympics - Harrison Township
- Club rugby programs become more visible in area - Metro Detroit
- Stoney Creek graduate taken No. 1 in NFL draft - Rochester
- De La Salle lacrosse team navigating its way through tough slate - Warren
- Walled Lake Northern lacrosse wins city championship - Walled Lake
- Adams softball team picking up where it left off in 2012 - Rochester Hills
- Grosse Pointe North baseball hopes to finish strong - Grosse Pointe Woods
- Local gymnast qualifies for Junior Olympics
- Walled Lake Northern lacrosse wins city championship
- Club rugby programs become more visible in area
- Roseville High girls soccer looks to improve under second-year coach
- De La Salle lacrosse team navigating its way through tough slate
- NDP soccer continues strong season with victory against Bishop Foley
- Ferndale High golf off to strong start