Police responded to four home invasions within a matter of hours Jan. 9 that they later determined were committed by the same two people. The incidents took place in the 1000 block of Hamilton, the 5000 block of Inkster, the 6000 block of Colby and the 100 block of Alexander.
According to police reports, the home invasion on Inkster was interrupted when the homeowner came home, and the two male suspects fled in a small tan or silver Chrysler. The homeowner gave chase, but lost sight of the suspect vehicle.
All entries into the homes were forced either by smashing out rear door wall glass or kicking in a door. The public is being asked to be aware of any strange vehicles parked in neighbor driveways and to report any suspicious behavior. Investigators are following up on all leads.
- 30 DAYS
- Police investigate three suspicious car fires - Royal Oak
- Dakota High School student dead after being found in hospital parking structure - Clinton Township
- Alertness may protect your car, holiday gifts - Metro Detroit
- Teen dies after rollover accident - Clinton Township
- Dakota senior earns Eagle Scout recognition - Macomb Township
- Dead body identified as Hazel Park man - Hazel Park
- You’re still a good man, Charlie Brown - Warren
- Explosion rocks neighborhood - St. Clair Shores
- Kramer Homes offers gift of community for disabled vet - Center Line
- Stein Mart opens first metro Detroit store in Rochester Hills - Rochester Hills
- Police arrest suspect in hit-and-run of Troy High School student - Troy
- Commissioners approve Oakland County Animal Control’s new ‘forever home’ - Oakland County
- Chaldean foundation opens new community center - Sterling Heights
- New high school club puts focus on science and technology - Roseville