Police investigate fatal accident on Grand River
January 7, 2013
The Farmington Hills Police Department is investigating an accident that killed a pedestrian Jan. 4.
A 37-year-old woman, who was wearing dark clothing, was crossing Grand River, west of Drake, at around 6:21 p.m., police said. The woman was reportedly walking outside of the crosswalk after dark. She was hit by more than one oncoming vehicle, according to a press release, and she died at the scene.
The woman’s name has not yet been released, pending notification of her family members. Anyone with information regarding the incident should call the Farmington Hills Police Command Desk at (248) 871-2610.
- 30 DAYS
- Local teen wins state pageant title - St. Clair Shores
- Scrivo sentenced to life without parole - St. Clair Shores
- Car chase ends with teen driving into Clinton River - Macomb
- BHMS student to be featured at international art show - Bloomfield Township
- ‘Justice for Theresa’ served, killer gets life in prison - Warren
- City offers road, parking lot renovation updates - Sterling Heights
- Warren grows bountiful farmers markets - Warren
- Goodbye Bloomfield Park, hello Village at Bloomfield - Bloomfield Township
- St. Joan of Arc considering fence, admission to keep peace at ’16 fair - St. Clair Shores
- Menards now looking at fall 2015 opening - Warren
- Seniors lose graduation privileges after Stoney Creek High School vandalism - Rochester Hills
- Stoney Creek student overcomes leukemia to graduate, heads to Harvard - Rochester Hills
- Three in custody tied to robberies at 7-Eleven, Family Video - Warren
- Some pig - Shelby Township