HARRISON TOWNSHIP — The Macomb County Sheriff’s Office reports that a 20-year-old Macomb Township man was struck by an SUV in the early morning of Jan. 2.
According to a press release, a 21-year-old woman from Mount Clemens was traveling westbound on Metropolitan Parkway at around 1:38 a.m. when she observed a body lying on the roadway near the Interstate 94 overpass.
A preliminary investigation reveals that the woman was unable to stop her 2003 Chevy Blazer in time and struck the man, whom the sheriff revealed as Luke Thomas Lemons. The driver immediately called 911 and the victim, who was conscious, breathing and speaking at the scene, was transported to McLaren Hospital in Mount Clemens, where he is being treated for serious injuries.
An investigation is ongoing, as sheriff’s officials are working to determine why Lemons was lying on a busy roadway. The sheriff said alcohol does not appear to be a contributing factor in the accident.
- 30 DAYS
- EPA work to close Harper Avenue for weeks - St. Clair Shores
- No charges for customer who shot accused bank robber - Warren
- Warren sued over alleged persecution of medical pot patients - Warren
- Hive of activity will continue - Warren
- Nurse anesthetists to host Ether Day Frolic 5K at River Bends Park - Shelby Township
- Residents, businesses honored for beautification - St. Clair Shores
- Court dismisses charge against teacher in East Detroit drowning case - Eastpointe
- Teacher uses bracelets to spread positive behavior - Roseville
- Men steal thousands in cigarettes - St. Clair Shores
- Serious crash occurs at 23 Mile and Schoenherr - Shelby Township
- Roseville teacher honored for 48 years of service - Roseville
- Police say deceased man found below tower likely took own life - Shelby Township
- Made in Michigan Festival returns with race, food trucks and more - St. Clair Shores
- Woman killed in boating accident on Lake St. Clair - Harrison Township