Harper Woods officers assist in Detroit shooting incident
September 21, 2012
HARPER WOODS — Harper Woods police aided Detroit officers Sept. 20 in apprehending a suspect who was allegedly involved in a shooting incident earlier in Detroit near Kelly and 8 Mile, according to a Nixle.com report.
According to information Harper Woods Police released on Nixle.com, the suspect ran after an “officer-involved shooting”, which did not involve Harper Woods officers.
Harper Woods was dispatched shortly before 4 p.m. to help in the pursuit.
Officials placed Chandler Park Academy and Harper Woods Secondary School campuses on lockdown for 20 minutes during the pursuit into Harper Woods, which ended in the back area of the Chandler Park Academy High School parking lot, according to police information.
The suspect was taken to a local hospital to be treated for injuries.
Harper Woods did not include further details as to the incident that occurred out of the city limits.
- 30 DAYS
- Police declare report of threat to Meijer store baseless - Sterling Heights
- Shoplifter flees store with North Face jackets worth $1,000 - Utica
- ACT scores from assessment’s final year released - St. Clair Shores
- Wreaths to be laid on hallowed ground Dec.12 - Metro Detroit
- Red Wings score healthy victory at local elementary school - Clawson
- Downtown Rochester to welcome Kris Kringle Market - Rochester
- Local potter to represent Shelby Township - Shelby Township
- Explosion rocks neighborhood - St. Clair Shores
- Kramer Homes offers gift of community for disabled vet - Center Line
- Stein Mart opens first metro Detroit store in Rochester Hills - Rochester Hills
- Commissioners approve Oakland County Animal Control’s new ‘forever home’ - Oakland County
- Chaldean foundation opens new community center - Sterling Heights
- Richard Sulaka passes away suddenly at 60 - Warren
- New high school club puts focus on science and technology - Roseville