Published March 6, 2013
Car fire in driveway sparks blaze in garage
By Terry Oparka firstname.lastname@example.org
A fire in a Honda Civic parked in a driveway on Sheffield, in the 14 Mile and Rochester Road area, ignited a garage just after 1:30 a.m. March 2.
According to reports, when firefighters arrived on the scene, the detached garage had started to burn, and the vehicle was engulfed in flames.
Firefighters extinguished the blaze in frigid temperatures and one firefighter fell and was injured. The firefighter was transported to Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak for treatment. The firefighter’s condition was not known at press time. The man who was in the home when the fire occurred was not hurt, and he waited outside the home for firefighters to arrive, according to reports.
Firefighters remained on the scene for two hours. The Honda Civic is a total loss, according to reports. The garage sustained moderate damage and the home sustained minor damage to an eave near the fire, Troy Assistant Fire Chief Dave Roberts said in a prepared statement.
The cause of the blaze remains under investigation.
- 24 HRS
- 7 DAYS
- 30 DAYS
- Dozens file for Warren city offices as lawsuit lingers - Warren
- List of intersection accident data released - Metro Detroit
- Detroit Zoo crowdfunds to harness energy from poop - Metro Detroit
- Rebuilding Together breathes new life into homes - Farmington Hills
- Alleged murderer of party store owner to stand trial - Clinton Township
- Crime down, quality of department up in 2014 - Royal Oak
- Military museum announces upcoming event plans - Eastpointe
- Rock community ready to roast local show promoter - Roseville
- Tour the chocolate factory with Lamphere High’s ‘Willy Wonka’ - Madison Heights
- By the book: Experts explain how strange, outdated laws manage to stick around - Metro Detroit
- Kroger receives approval for $25 million marketplace - Royal Oak
- New kiosk to assist Stony Creek cyclists - Sterling Heights
- Jazz pros, students to celebrate music of past and present at April 30 concert - Detroit
- Stolen wedding ring a fake report, police say - St. Clair Shores
- Police investigate fatal single-vehicle crash - Shelby Township
- Construction continues at Macomb Mall - Roseville
- Frankenfoods: Are GMOs as scary as people think? - Metro Detroit
- Man in skeleton hoodie robs 7-Eleven - St. Clair Shores
- Jump for Trevor helps teen in need of a heart transplant - Southfield
- Farewell to the Field event takes a look back - Clawson
- Stolen wedding ring a fake report, police say
- Henry, longtime police K-9, to retire April 17
- Construction continues at Macomb Mall
- Berkley, Huntington Woods rank in top 10 places to live in Michigan
- NAMM award is sweet music to UCS
- Rock community ready to roast local show promoter
- Jazz pros, students to celebrate music of past and present at April 30 concert