A fire in a Honda Civic parked in a driveway on Sheffield, in the 14 Mile and Rochester Road area, ignited a garage just after 1:30 a.m. March 2.
According to reports, when firefighters arrived on the scene, the detached garage had started to burn, and the vehicle was engulfed in flames.
Firefighters extinguished the blaze in frigid temperatures and one firefighter fell and was injured. The firefighter was transported to Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak for treatment. The firefighter’s condition was not known at press time. The man who was in the home when the fire occurred was not hurt, and he waited outside the home for firefighters to arrive, according to reports.
Firefighters remained on the scene for two hours. The Honda Civic is a total loss, according to reports. The garage sustained moderate damage and the home sustained minor damage to an eave near the fire, Troy Assistant Fire Chief Dave Roberts said in a prepared statement.
The cause of the blaze remains under investigation.
- 30 DAYS
- Legal hurdles cleared for Colonial Dodge site sale - Eastpointe
- Fundraising underway for Roseville boy fighting cancer - Roseville
- Court pushes back exam dates for crash survivors - Romeo
- Harper Cruise makes for a ‘wheel’ good time - St. Clair Shores
- RARA to introduce new indoor playscape, gymnastics facility - Rochester
- From shipping container to residential development - Metro Detroit
- Experts weigh in on the proper use of roundabouts - Southfield
- Shopping center, Kroger coming to 26 Mile and Van Dyke - Shelby Township
- From combat to car wash: former military man fixes up local eyesore - Fraser
- Macomb Township native sings her way into finals of ‘America’s Got Talent’ - Macomb Township
- Woman killed in head-on collision on Lake Shore - Grosse Pointe Farms
- From student to principal - Clinton Township
- Crash survivor arraigned on alcohol charge - Shelby Township
- Home invasion prevention 101: Fool criminals into thinking you’re home - Metro Detroit