A fire in a Honda Civic parked in a driveway on Sheffield, in the 14 Mile and Rochester Road area, ignited a garage just after 1:30 a.m. March 2.
According to reports, when firefighters arrived on the scene, the detached garage had started to burn, and the vehicle was engulfed in flames.
Firefighters extinguished the blaze in frigid temperatures and one firefighter fell and was injured. The firefighter was transported to Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak for treatment. The firefighter’s condition was not known at press time. The man who was in the home when the fire occurred was not hurt, and he waited outside the home for firefighters to arrive, according to reports.
Firefighters remained on the scene for two hours. The Honda Civic is a total loss, according to reports. The garage sustained moderate damage and the home sustained minor damage to an eave near the fire, Troy Assistant Fire Chief Dave Roberts said in a prepared statement.
The cause of the blaze remains under investigation.
- 30 DAYS
- BHMS student to be featured at international art show - Bloomfield Township
- Local teen wins state pageant title - St. Clair Shores
- Guard against Lyme disease this summer - Metro Detroit
- Hartwell announces Madison Heights mayoral bid - Madison Heights
- Accidental fire displaces women, children at shelter - Mount Clemens
- Arts, Beats & Eats organizers boast new partnerships, collaborations - Royal Oak
- Fire at dollar store significantly damages building - Harper Woods
- Goodbye Bloomfield Park, hello Village at Bloomfield - Bloomfield Township
- St. Joan of Arc considering fence, admission to keep peace at ’16 fair - St. Clair Shores
- Menards now looking at fall 2015 opening - Warren
- Seniors lose graduation privileges after Stoney Creek High School vandalism - Rochester Hills
- Stoney Creek student overcomes leukemia to graduate, heads to Harvard - Rochester Hills
- Three in custody tied to robberies at 7-Eleven, Family Video - Warren
- Some pig - Shelby Township