Looking Back: Star Ballroom

Fraser - Clinton Township Chronicle | Published May 31, 2015

Advertisement

The Star Ballroom, which is now known as the Vintage House, was on Utica Road and was the Fraser hot spot. This photo shows people dancing at a celebration of outdoor gardens in May 1941. The entertainment varied, as some nights would feature an orchestra and others a band. Sometimes dancing was done to the jukebox, which can be seen in the upper right-hand corner. Standing by the jukebox was the photo’s owner, Albert Grambo. Dancing was done not only inside on a handsome wood dance floor, but also outside under the stars, hence the name.

— By Alan Naldrett, Fraser Historical Society

Advertisement