Looking Back: Site of future high school, 1942

Mount Clemens - Clinton - Harrison Journal | Published August 17, 2017

Advertisement
Advertisement

In the 1800s, Harrison Township and the surrounding areas consisted primarily of French strip farms that produced crops like wheat, corn, barley, oats, buckwheat and potatoes. The township also produced 22,270 pounds of marketed pork. By 1942, when this picture was taken, many of the farms were gone, but Bob Lagalski was still tending the family pig farm. Today the land is the home of L’Anse Creuse High School. Special thanks to Fred Pankow for passing along this photo.

— Marie P. (Ling) McDougal, Harrison Township historian

Advertisement
Advertisement