Looking Back: The Kaiser Building

Roseville - Eastpointe Eastsider | Published January 21, 2015

Photo courtesy of East Detroit Historical Society

Advertisement

This month’s photograph is of the Kaiser Building, formerly located in Eastpointe on the southeast corner of Nine Mile and Gratiot. The basement of this building was used for the village of Halfway’s municipal offices, as well as for the city’s first library. The village of Halfway was the local government from 1924-1929, when it became the city of East Detroit. The photo itself is undated.

Advertisement