Attention Readers
In response to the coronavirus pandemic, C & G Newspapers has temporarily suspended its print publications. We look forward to resuming our print operation in the coming weeks. In the meantime, continue to find local news on our website and look for us on Facebook and Twitter. We hope you stay healthy and safe.

Looking Back: Green Glen Park

Shelby - Utica News | Published August 2, 2017

Advertisement

With the dog days of summer approaching, we present a chill photo from the winter of 1941. A group of Green Glen Park visitors enjoys one of the park’s toboggan runs. Park co-owner and operator Bill Frys can be seen with the group, second from right. Today, most of what used to be Green Glen is part of Holland Ponds, near 22 Mile and Ryan roads. Green Glen Park was one of many parks operating along the Clinton River at the time in Shelby Township and throughout Macomb County. The parks were especially popular recreational sites for families and groups from Detroit trying to get away from the city for a day and spend some relaxing time outdoors.

Advertisement