Looking Back: The Eastgate Shopping Center

Roseville - Eastpointe Eastsider | Published June 17, 2015

Advertisement

ROSEVILLE — This month’s historical photo is from around 1950 and features the Eastgate Shopping Center in Roseville under construction. The shopping center’s architect is listed as Charles M. Agree, and it still stands in use today at Frazho Road and Gratiot Avenue.


Prior to the shopping center, the location held the Hartung Airport, also known before that time as Packard Field; the airport opened in 1919 and closed in the 1950s so that the shopping center could be built.

Advertisement