Madison HeightsOctober 12, 2012
Madison football beats Lamphere 35-0
By Mark Vest
C & G Sports Writer
MADISON HEIGHTS — Coming into Friday's matchup between Lamphere and Madison, both teams had identical records of 3-1, which along with St. Clair Shores South Lake put them at the top of the Macomb Area Conference Silver Division.
Something had to give, and it was the Eagles who will remain on top, following a 35-0 victory over the Rams. It was Madison's fourth win in a row over its crosstown rival, giving the Eagles an overall edge of 26-17-1 in the series.
The win increases Madison's overall record to 7-1 (4-1 MAC Silver), and drops the Rams to 3-5 (3-2 MAC Silver).
Madison has already clinched a playoff spot, and is scheduled to play its last game of the regular season at 7 p.m. Oct. 19 in a road game against New Haven.
Lamphere is next scheduled to be in action at noon Oct. 20 in a road game against Center Line.
UPDATE: Madison has clinched the MAC Silver Division title outright after Warren Woods Tower defeated South Lake.
- Last 24 Hours
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- Stoney Creek outlast Sterling-Mott Unified in boys lacrosse playoff opener - Rochester Hills
- LACROSSE: Local teams see varying results as state tournament begins - Warren
- Friendly confines of Comerica Park serve as celebration headquarters for Rice - Birmingham
- Young team full of potential has Clark excited about Lakers future - West Bloomfield
- Dakota girls basketball’s entire graduating class receives college scholarship - Macomb Township
- South Lake boys golf team shooting for first league title since 2009 - St. Clair Shores
- NDP relishes opportunity to play at Comerica Park - Pontiac
- Brother Rice rolls past Catholic Central to claim league title - Birmingham
- Bishop Foley defends Catholic League title with win over NDP - Madison Heights
- Lake Orion High boys golf proves to be best in county - Lake Orion
- Utica girls track captures dual-meet championship - Utica
- Sterling Heights native, Albion College pitcher, earns MVP honors - Sterling Heights
- Ferndale High golf off to strong start - Ferndale
- With Zemmer in the circle, Athens softball team will have a fighting chance - Troy
- Local gymnast qualifies for Junior Olympics - Harrison Township
- Club rugby programs become more visible in area - Metro Detroit
- Stoney Creek graduate taken No. 1 in NFL draft - Rochester
- North Farmington baseball team improves to 14-3 with 5-2 victory against Pioneer - Farmington Hills
- De La Salle lacrosse team navigating its way through tough slate - Warren
- Walled Lake Northern lacrosse wins city championship - Walled Lake
- Adams softball team picking up where it left off in 2012 - Rochester Hills
- Local gymnast qualifies for Junior Olympics
- Walled Lake Northern lacrosse wins city championship
- Club rugby programs become more visible in area
- Roseville High girls soccer looks to improve under second-year coach
- De La Salle lacrosse team navigating its way through tough slate
- NDP soccer continues strong season with victory against Bishop Foley
- Ferndale High golf off to strong start