WarrenJuly 20, 2012
Warren cheer teams finish strong at national competition
By Mark Vest
C & G Sports Writer
The Warren Woods Division 4, Warren Division 4, and Warren-Berkley Elite Division 5 cheerleading teams had a chance to showcase their skills at the Young Champions National Competition in Indianapolis, Ind., July 14, and each team was awarded a ribbon for their performances.
Warren Woods Division 4 took first place; Warren Division 4 captured second place; and Warren-Berkley Elite Division 5 finished in fourth place at the event.
The national competition caps off a season that is likely to provide a lifetime of memories for both the squad members and their coach.
“It was unbelievable,” said coach Tara Storey-Krolikowski. “They were in shock. There were tears; there was screaming; there was jumping. They were just so excited. The parents were ecstatic, as well. I could not be prouder of them. Every single routine out of the three teams was flawless. They were amazing.”
Storey-Krolikowski hopes that the success her squad members have experienced will help provide them with a belief in themselves — a belief that can be applied to both cheerleading and life.
“Whether they did win first or fourth, or whatever, I hope it gives them a little shred of confidence to push them on the edge to try something new, or try out for high school and maybe make varsity,” she said. “If I can give them even one thing that’s going to help them in their life, that’s all I can hope to be for them.”
Storey-Krolikowski will be holding tryouts for her Division 4-6 squads in September. Anybody interested in obtaining further information can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- Dakota girls basketball’s entire graduating class receives college scholarship - Macomb Township
- Clawson High girls soccer gives itself chance at third straight title - Clawson
- Stoney Creek outlasts Sterling-Mott Unified in boys lacrosse playoff opener - Rochester Hills
- LACROSSE: Local teams see varying results as state tournament begins - Warren
- Fraser boys track and field wins MAC championship - Fraser
- Southfield gymnast wins two gold medals - Southfield
- Eisenhower softball looks to build strong foundation - Shelby Township
- Local gymnast qualifies for Junior Olympics - Harrison Township
- North Farmington baseball team improves to 14-3 with 5-2 victory against Pioneer - Farmington Hills
- Club rugby programs become more visible in area - Metro Detroit
- Stoney Creek graduate taken No. 1 in NFL draft - Rochester
- De La Salle lacrosse team navigating its way through tough slate - Warren
- Walled Lake Northern lacrosse wins city championship - Walled Lake
- Troy softball team sweeps Athens in postseason preview - Troy
- Local gymnast qualifies for Junior Olympics
- Walled Lake Northern lacrosse wins city championship
- Club rugby programs become more visible in area
- Clawson High girls soccer gives itself chance at third straight title
- De La Salle lacrosse team navigating its way through tough slate
- NDP soccer continues strong season with victory against Bishop Foley
- Ferndale High golf off to strong start