- Football Sterling Heights Stevenson 35 Utica Ford 7 10/02
- Football Romeo 26 Macomb Dakota 14 10/02
- Boys soccer Macomb Dakota 1 L'Anse Creuse North 1 9/30
- Boys soccer Utica Eisenhower 2 Utica 0 9/30
- Boys soccer Troy 1 Troy Athens 0 9/29
- Volleyball Notre Dame Prep 3 Marian 1 9/29
- Boys soccer Utica Eisenhower 2 Chippewa Valley 0 9/28
- Boys tennis Brother Rice 6 Grosse Pointe South 2 9/28
WALLED LAKES — The first goal of the season is to qualify for the journey.
After that, the mission takes aim at Ford Field in Detroit.
The opening weekend of the state football playoffs came and went Nov. 1, and for a pair of Walled Lake teams, the 2013 season was extended for at least one more battle.
In Division 1 action, Walled Lake Northern beat Waterford Kettering 28-14 in a predistrict game at home.
The Knights improved to 8-2 this year with the win.
In a game played after press time, Northern hosted Rochester Adams (7-3) for the district crown.
In the other half of the district, Romeo High (6-4) traveled to play at Clarkston High (9-1).
The regional final will be played Nov. 15 or Nov. 16.
In other D-1 action, Walled Lake Western engaged in a shootout with Canton High and escaped with a 44-41 victory.
The Warriors (9-1) hosted Novi Detroit Catholic Central (8-2) after press time in a district final.
The winner faces either Saline High (9-1) or Temperance Bedford (10-0) in a regional final.
September 28, 2015
Farmington Hills Harrison
Farmington Hills Harrison earned the honor after beating Southfield High 17-14 at home in a battle for first place in the Oakland Activities Association White Division. The win put the Hawks 4-0 (4-1 overall) in the division, a game ahead of Southfield. After trailing 14-7 at the half, Harrison scored 10 unanswered points, capped off by a 27-yard field goal by Alex Bolstrum with 10:57 left in the game. In the last four meetings between these rivals, each team has won twice with a 4.5 average margin of victory.