- Boys Football Dakota PPD Chippewa Valley PPD 9/03
- Boys Football Southfield Lathrup 7 Royal Oak High 21 9/03
- Boys Tennis Troy Athens 5 Rochester 3 9/02
- Boys Tennis Fraser 6 Chippewa Valley 2 9/02
- Boys Soccer Rochester Adams 1 De La Salle 0 9/01
- Boys Soccer Brother Rice 2 Fenton 0 8/31
- Boys Soccer Macomb Dakota 1 Utica 0 8/31
- Boys Soccer Sterling Heights Stevenson 4 Grosse Pointe North 0 8/31
Utica Eisenhower falls to Clarkston High in lacrosse regional semifinal
May 28, 2014
TROY — Clarkston High outscored Utica Eisenhower 7-2 in the second half, as the Wolves went on to win 12-6 in a regional semifinal played at Troy Athens Wednesday night.
Clarkston jumped out to a 5-1 lead, but Eisenhower closed the gap to 5-4 going into halftime.
Clarkston quickly took the momentum back by scoring three times in a span of a minute or so in the third quarter to take an 8-4 lead.
"I told the guys at halftime that there's no reason to panic, there's no reason to get upset. Teams are going to go on a run, and the worst thing for them is that halftime came. We were going to walk out and play our game in the third quarter," Clarkston coach Brian Kaminskas said.
Eisenhower scored the last goal of the third quarter and an early fourth quarter goal, but Clarkston's Keaton Mitchell and Connor Ward scored three of their combined seven goals in the fourth to put the game away.
Jack Tobiczyk led Eisenhower with two goals. Carter Johnston, Jake Smolarek, Evan Antishin and Shane Pettke each scored once.
"Clarkston is an outstanding team, and they executed their game plan and we fumbled a little bit," Eisenhower coach Paul Mikaila said. "I thought we had all of the momentum going into halftime, then a couple calls didn't go our away, the ball didn't bounce our way, and we hit the post twice. The ball just didn't bounce our way today."
Eisenhower closes its season at 15-3. Clarkston (17-2) advances to play Novi Detroit Catholic Central in a regional final May 30.