Shelby TownshipMarch 13, 2013
Utica Eisenhower’s hockey loses in quarterfinals, end season as regional champs
By Mark Vest
C & G Sports Writer
Utica Eisenhower’s hockey season came to an end with a 6-2 defeat to U-D Jesuit in a Division 1 quarterfinals contest March 6.
Although he is disappointed the Eagles didn’t make the trip to Compuware Arena for the semifinals, coach Bob Hall was pleased with what his team was able to accomplish.
Eisenhower ended the season with a 22-5 record, which Hall said was the best in program history. The Eagles also shared the Macomb Area Conference Red Division with Macomb Dakota and won a regional title for the third time in the last four seasons.
“It was a good season,” he said. “We just have to figure out how to get the program past that hump — try to get to that semifinal and final game. We’re co-MAC (Red) champs and regional champs. Only lost five games all year. Just kind of hoping we get to go a little further.”
The Eagles will graduate16 seniors this fall, but Hall still thinks the program can excel next season.
“I’m pretty optimistic with the core group that’s coming back and the JV kids that are moving up,” he said. “I’m pretty confident we’ll be (a) competitive team again next year and for the years to follow.”
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- Bishop Foley preps for Bridgman High in semifinals, takes aim at third state title in three years - Madison Heights
- Bay City Western gets run in sixth inning, holds on to beat Brother Rice 1-0 in D-1 final - Birmingham
- Troy High wins D-1 soccer title, Marian falls in D-2 - Bloomfield Hills
- Brother Rice baseball team set to face Howell High in Division 1 semifinal - Birmingham
- Ruppenthal dominates as Brother Rice advances to Division 1 state final - Birmingham
- Bishop Foley baseball beats Bridgman, plays for third D-3 title in three years tomorrow - Madison Heights
- Liggett wins D-4 state title in extra innings - Grosse Pointes
- Warren Mott upends Warren De La Salle in D-1 baseball pre-district - Warren
- Bloomfield Hills Marian wins first district title in 10 seasons - Bloomfield Hills
- Bats come to life in sixth inning as St. Mary's baseball team advances past Andover - Bloomfield Hills
- LACROSSE: Local teams see varying results as state tournament begins - Warren
- Price boasts about Stoney Creek softball after his girls claim division title - Rochester Hills
- Mercy uses five home runs to claim second consecutive district title; Rice, St. Mary's and Troy also advance - Farmington Hills
- Wixom St. Catherine tops Royal Oak Shrine in district final - Royal Oak
- Warren Mott upends Warren De La Salle in D-1 baseball pre-district
- Price boasts about Stoney Creek softball after his girls claim division title
- Rice, Cranbrook and Bloomfield United battle for lacrosse crowns
- Clawson High girls soccer gives itself chance at third straight title
- Lathrup baseball claims fourth OAA Gold title in last seven seasons
- Bloomfield Hills Marian wins first district title in 10 seasons
- Southfield gymnast wins two gold medals