Published June 26, 2013
Stevenson baseball team falls in state semifinals
By Jason Carmel Davis email@example.com Follow Jason on Twitter.
BATTLE CREEK — The Sterling Heights Stevenson baseball team had its season come to a close in the state semifinals after falling 2-1 to Bay City Western June 14.
The game was played at C.O. Brown Stadium in Battle Creek.
The appearance in the state semis was the second in three years for Stevenson, which ended the season at 28-9.
Bay City Western went on knock off Birmingham Brother Rice 1-0 to claim the D-1 state championship.
On the road to the state semifinals, the Titans won their fourth straight Macomb Area Conference Red Division title, along with D-1 district and regional championships.
Stevenson loses six players to graduation, but should return 15 players who were a part of the run to the state semifinals.
- 7 DAYS
- 30 DAYS
- Utica Ford boys golf tops at 2015 Evans-Gill tournament - Ray Township
- Troy and Athens softball set to face off for first — and only — meeting - Troy
- New Tower baseball coach sees potential in young team - Warren
- Mercy softball stays perfect on the season, wins by mercy twice in doubleheader sweep of Ladywood - Farmington Hills
- Hazel Park High girls soccer young, but with high expectations - Hazel Park
- Wayne State softball team takes aim at another successful postseason - Detroit
- Eisenhower lacrosse has sights set on another MAC Red title - Shelby Township
- Catholic League honors boys, girls hoops teams - Metro Detroit
- Macomb Area Conference names season’s top hockey players - Macomb County
- Center Line baseball to lean on defense and pitching, manufacturing runs - Center Line
- Gasparotto challenging his Farmington soccer squad with hopes of playoff payoff - Farmington
- Roseville High softball coach teaching positivity, joy of the game - Roseville
- Lake Shore softball hopes to build on last season’s run to regionals - St. Clair Shores
- Royal Oak coach rewarded for greatness - Royal Oak
- Roseville High softball coach teaching positivity, joy of the game
- East Detroit baseball out to surprise teams in 2015
- Royal Oak coach rewarded for greatness
- Lakeview baseball expecting good things in 2015
- East Detroit softball looking to stay on the upswing
- Former North soccer standout, Stander, returns to patrol the sidelines
- Royal Oak High soccer back with experience and high goals