Farmington, Farmington Hills
Published November 12, 2013
Mercy volleyball keeps district streak alive
By Christian Davis firstname.lastname@example.org Follow Christian on Twitter.
Farmington Hills Mercy volleyball again navigated its way through the district portion of the playoffs with a trophy in hand after the final point was tallied.
The last time the Marlins didn’t claim a district title was in 2003.
Mercy did it this time by beating Farmington High in three games Nov. 8 at Southfield High.
In the semifinals, the Marlins beat Detroit International in three Nov. 6 after drawing a first-round bye.
Farmington also had a bye to start the tournament and then beat Detroit Renaissance in three Nov. 6 to earn a shot at Mercy.
The Marlins went on to play Grosse Pointe North in a regional semifinal after press time. The winner meets Livonia Stevenson or Detroit Cass Tech in the final at 6 p.m. Nov. 14 at Farmington.
Also in Class A, Farmington Hills Harrison and North Farmington were in action in a district opener Nov. 4 at Bloomfield Hills Marian.
Harrison beat its rival in three games before falling to the host team in three Nov. 6. Marian went on to beat Birmingham Seaholm also in three for the district championship.
- 7 DAYS
- 30 DAYS
- Times may be a-changing for Oakland University golf program - Metro Detroit
- Utica Ford boys golf tops at 2015 Evans-Gill tournament - Ray Township
- Troy and Athens softball set to face off for first — and only — meeting - Troy
- Mercy softball stays perfect on the season, wins by mercy twice in doubleheader sweep of Ladywood - Farmington Hills
- New Tower baseball coach sees potential in young team - Warren
- Eisenhower lacrosse has sights set on another MAC Red title - Shelby Township
- Hazel Park High girls soccer young, but with high expectations - Hazel Park
- Catholic League honors boys, girls hoops teams - Metro Detroit
- Macomb Area Conference names season’s top hockey players - Macomb County
- Center Line baseball to lean on defense and pitching, manufacturing runs - Center Line
- Gasparotto challenging his Farmington soccer squad with hopes of playoff payoff - Farmington
- Roseville High softball coach teaching positivity, joy of the game - Roseville
- Lake Shore softball hopes to build on last season’s run to regionals - St. Clair Shores
- Royal Oak coach rewarded for greatness - Royal Oak
- Roseville High softball coach teaching positivity, joy of the game
- East Detroit baseball out to surprise teams in 2015
- Royal Oak coach rewarded for greatness
- Lakeview baseball expecting good things in 2015
- East Detroit softball looking to stay on the upswing
- Former North soccer standout, Stander, returns to patrol the sidelines
- Royal Oak High soccer back with experience and high goals