Published November 6, 2013
Lutheran North boys soccer falls in D-3 state semi
By Jason Carmel Davis firstname.lastname@example.org Follow Jason on Twitter.
The Macomb Lutheran North boys soccer team saw its season come to a close in a 2-1 loss to Flint Powers Catholic in a 2013 Michigan High School Athletic Association Division 3 state semifinal that took place Oct. 30 at Ortonville-Brandon High School.
The Flint Powers Catholic won the match on penalty kicks after the teams finished regulation and two overtime periods tied at one goal apiece.
The Mustangs end the season at 13-5-2.
Flint Powers Catholic squared off against Grand Rapids South in a D-3 state final that took place after press time.
In advancing to the state semis, Lutheran North knocked off Clawson High 2-1 in a regional final that took place Oct. 25 at Farmington High.
The Mustangs finished fourth in the Catholic High School League AA Division but was the last CHSL team standing in the postseason.
- 7 DAYS
- 30 DAYS
- Times may be a-changing for Oakland University golf program - Metro Detroit
- Utica Ford boys golf tops at 2015 Evans-Gill tournament - Ray Township
- Troy and Athens softball set to face off for first — and only — meeting - Troy
- Mercy softball stays perfect on the season, wins by mercy twice in doubleheader sweep of Ladywood - Farmington Hills
- New Tower baseball coach sees potential in young team - Warren
- Hazel Park High girls soccer young, but with high expectations - Hazel Park
- Eisenhower lacrosse has sights set on another MAC Red title - Shelby Township
- Catholic League honors boys, girls hoops teams - Metro Detroit
- Macomb Area Conference names season’s top hockey players - Macomb County
- Center Line baseball to lean on defense and pitching, manufacturing runs - Center Line
- Gasparotto challenging his Farmington soccer squad with hopes of playoff payoff - Farmington
- Roseville High softball coach teaching positivity, joy of the game - Roseville
- Lake Shore softball hopes to build on last season’s run to regionals - St. Clair Shores
- Royal Oak coach rewarded for greatness - Royal Oak
- Roseville High softball coach teaching positivity, joy of the game
- East Detroit baseball out to surprise teams in 2015
- Royal Oak coach rewarded for greatness
- Lakeview baseball expecting good things in 2015
- East Detroit softball looking to stay on the upswing
- Former North soccer standout, Stander, returns to patrol the sidelines
- Royal Oak High soccer back with experience and high goals