Macomb County, Oakland CountyFebruary 17, 2014
Local cheer teams qualify for regional round
By Jason Carmel Davis
C & G Sports Writer
The 2014 Michigan High School Athletic Association state cheerleading postseason begin with the district round Feb. 15 at various sites.
A number of teams in the C & G coverage area performed well enough to advance to regionals, which take place Feb. 22.
The following teams qualified for the regional round. Teams listed in bold won a district championship.
- Macomb Dakota, Sterling Heights Stevenson, Warren Cousino, Utica Ford II, Troy Athens, Rochester Hills Stoney Creek, Rochester High — all will compete in a D-1 regional at 10 a.m. Feb. 22 at Athens
- Lake Orion — will compete in a D-1 regional at 11 a.m. Feb. 22 at Hartland High.
- Warren Woods Tower, Auburn Hills Avondale, St. Clair Shores Lake Shore — all will compete in a D-2 regional at 10 a.m. Feb. 22 at Ortonville Brandon.
- Pontiac Notre Dame Prep, Madison Heights Lamphere — will compete in a D-3 regional at 6 p.m. Feb. 22 at Oxford.
- Sterling Heights Parkway Christian — will compete in a D-4 regional at 6 p.m. Feb. 22 at Mason.
Check www.mhsaa.com for results on the various cheerleading tournaments.