WarrenMarch 13, 2013
Local bowlers, teams see varying results at state finals
By Jason Carmel Davis
C & G Sports Writer
The Warren Lincoln boys bowling team had its season come to an end in the qualifying round of the 2013 Michigan High School Athletic Association Division 2 state finals.
The Abes finished 13 out of 18 teams in the qualifying round. The top eight teams advanced to the state quarters. Lincoln went 11-1 in winning the Macomb Area Conference Gold Division title this season.
On the girls side in D-2, the Warren Woods Tower and Center Line squads saw their seasons end in the qualifying round of the D-2 finals. The Titans and Panthers finished 13th and 17th, respectively.
Tower went 10-2 in the MAC Blue this season, while Center Line went 8-4 in the MAC Gold.
Individually, Fitzgerald junior Alec Nunn advanced to the round of 16, where he fell 394-366 to Bay City John Glenn’s Alex Ouellette in two games. Ouellette would wind up as state-runner up.
Lincoln junior Mitchell Blanchard was also knocked out in the round of 16, falling 376-375 to Tyler Marcus of South Lyon.
Sixty players advanced to the finals, with the top 16 scorers in the qualifying round moving on to the round of 16.
Also qualifying for the finals was Fitzgerald senior Jeremy LePage.
On the girls side, qualifying for the finals were Warren Regina senior Chandler Loveday, Tower sophomore Alexa Ingram, and Fitzgerald’s Tiffani Kimbrough (junior) and Jenna Logan (sophomore).
Local boys who qualified for the D-1 finals were Warren Mott senior Mike Churchill and Warren De La Salle sophomore Matt Minaudo.
Warren Cousino freshman Madison Paoletti qualified for the D-1 finals on the girls side.
- Last 24 Hours
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- North, South and Liggett tennis teams earn spots in state finals - Grosse Pointe Farms
- Mercy softball confidence soars as playoff time draws ever-so close - Farmington Hills
- All three local schools qualify athletes for track and field state finals - Grosse Pointe Farms
- Southfield gymnast wins two gold medals - Southfield
- Heugh knows key to Athens success is finding consistency - Troy
- Berkley baseball team eyes division crown for second straight year - Berkley
- Roseville baseball team focused on district title - Roseville
- Brother Rice rolls past Catholic Central to claim league title - Birmingham
- Bishop Foley defends Catholic League title with win over NDP - Madison Heights
- Sterling Heights native, Albion College pitcher, earns MVP honors - Sterling Heights
- Dakota girls basketball’s entire graduating class receives college scholarship - Macomb Township
- Stoney Creek outlast Sterling-Mott Unified in boys lacrosse playoff opener - Rochester Hills
- Fraser boys track and field wins MAC championship - Fraser
- LACROSSE: Local teams see varying results as state tournament begins - Warren
- Local gymnast qualifies for Junior Olympics - Harrison Township
- Club rugby programs become more visible in area - Metro Detroit
- North Farmington baseball team improves to 14-3 with 5-2 victory against Pioneer - Farmington Hills
- Stoney Creek graduate taken No. 1 in NFL draft - Rochester
- De La Salle lacrosse team navigating its way through tough slate - Warren
- Walled Lake Northern lacrosse wins city championship - Walled Lake
- Troy softball team sweeps Athens in postseason preview - Troy
- Local gymnast qualifies for Junior Olympics
- Walled Lake Northern lacrosse wins city championship
- Club rugby programs become more visible in area
- Roseville High girls soccer looks to improve under second-year coach
- De La Salle lacrosse team navigating its way through tough slate
- NDP soccer continues strong season with victory against Bishop Foley
- Ferndale High golf off to strong start