St. Clair ShoresJune 13, 2012
Lakeview softball team wins district title; other local teams fall in postseason play
By Jason Carmel Davis
C & G Sports Writer
ST. CLAIR SHORES — The St. Clair Shores Lakeview softball team won two games in one day to capture a Michigan High School Athletic Association Division 1 district title.
The Huskies (14-15) knocked off Warren Woods Tower at Kyte Monroe Park to take the title June 4. Lakeview outlasted Harrison Township L’Anse Creuse 6-3 in nine innings that same day to reach the district final.
The Huskies played Anchor Bay in a Division 1 regional matchup after press time. Should the Huskies get through regionals and quarterfinals, they would play in an MHSAA state semifinal June 15 in Battle Creek.
Other local softball teams have short stays in postseason
St. Clair Shores Lake Shore’s softball team (13-18) fell 6-3 May 29 to Harrison Township L’Anse Creuse in a Division 1 district quarterfinal.
St. Clair Shores South Lake (12-10) had its season end in a 10-1 loss to Center Line June 2 in a Division 2 district semifinal. Center Line went on to win the district championship.
Baseball teams fall in districts
The St. Clair Shores Lake Shore baseball squad (7-20) ended 2012 with an 11-9 loss to Harrison Township L’Anse Creuse May 29 in a Division 1 district quarterfinal. L’Anse Creuse went on to win the district crown.
St. Clair Shores Lakeview’s baseball team (15-16) also fell victim to L’Anse Creuse, falling 3-1 June 4 in a Division 1 district semifinal. The Huskies had a bye in the quarterfinals.
The St. Clair Shores South Lake baseball team (13-8) lost a tough 17-16 decision to Center Line June 2 in a Division 2 district semifinal. Center Line went on to win that district title.
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- Dakota girls basketball’s entire graduating class receives college scholarship - Macomb Township
- Stoney Creek outlasts Sterling-Mott Unified in boys lacrosse playoff opener - Rochester Hills
- Clawson High girls soccer gives itself chance at third straight title - Clawson
- LACROSSE: Local teams see varying results as state tournament begins - Warren
- Fraser boys track and field wins MAC championship - Fraser
- Southfield gymnast wins two gold medals - Southfield
- Eisenhower softball looks to build strong foundation - Shelby Township
- Local gymnast qualifies for Junior Olympics - Harrison Township
- North Farmington baseball team improves to 14-3 with 5-2 victory against Pioneer - Farmington Hills
- Club rugby programs become more visible in area - Metro Detroit
- Stoney Creek graduate taken No. 1 in NFL draft - Rochester
- De La Salle lacrosse team navigating its way through tough slate - Warren
- Walled Lake Northern lacrosse wins city championship - Walled Lake
- Troy softball team sweeps Athens in postseason preview - Troy
- Local gymnast qualifies for Junior Olympics
- Walled Lake Northern lacrosse wins city championship
- Club rugby programs become more visible in area
- Clawson High girls soccer gives itself chance at third straight title
- De La Salle lacrosse team navigating its way through tough slate
- NDP soccer continues strong season with victory against Bishop Foley
- Ferndale High golf off to strong start