Published August 7, 2012
Great Oaks plays host to MICSA swim finals
The Michigan Inter-Club Swimming Association final meet was held July 27-29 at Great Oaks Country Club in Rochester.
In all, 14 boys and 14 girls teams ranging in age from 8 to 17 hit the pool in hopes of bringing home a title for their club.
In the end, Grosse Pointe Woods’ Lochmoor Club took the overall team title after finishing with 915.5 total points. The girls team finished third overall with 374.5 points, while the boys were second with 485 points.
Birmingham Athletic Club’s team was second overall after the boys took first with 505 points and the girls were fourth with 361. The host team from Great Oaks was third with 775.5 points; the girls took the title with 434.5 points and the boys were fourth with 338.
Grosse Pointe Yacht Club was fourth overall with 772 points, followed by the Detroit Golf Club (656.5), Royal Oak’s Red Run Golf Club (479.5), Bloomfield Hills’ Oakland Hills Country Club (422), Southfield’s Plum Hollow Country Club (398), Detroit Yacht Club (391), Redford’s Western Golf & Country Club (248), Country Club of Detroit (206.5), Grosse Pointe Hunt Club (185), Grosse Ile Golf & Country Club (86) and Dearborn Country Club (69.5).
- 7 DAYS
- 30 DAYS
- Times may be a-changing for Oakland University golf program - Metro Detroit
- Utica Ford boys golf tops at 2015 Evans-Gill tournament - Ray Township
- Troy and Athens softball set to face off for first — and only — meeting - Troy
- Mercy softball stays perfect on the season, wins by mercy twice in doubleheader sweep of Ladywood - Farmington Hills
- New Tower baseball coach sees potential in young team - Warren
- Hazel Park High girls soccer young, but with high expectations - Hazel Park
- Eisenhower lacrosse has sights set on another MAC Red title - Shelby Township
- Catholic League honors boys, girls hoops teams - Metro Detroit
- Macomb Area Conference names season’s top hockey players - Macomb County
- Center Line baseball to lean on defense and pitching, manufacturing runs - Center Line
- Gasparotto challenging his Farmington soccer squad with hopes of playoff payoff - Farmington
- Roseville High softball coach teaching positivity, joy of the game - Roseville
- Lake Shore softball hopes to build on last season’s run to regionals - St. Clair Shores
- Royal Oak coach rewarded for greatness - Royal Oak
- Roseville High softball coach teaching positivity, joy of the game
- East Detroit baseball out to surprise teams in 2015
- Royal Oak coach rewarded for greatness
- Lakeview baseball expecting good things in 2015
- East Detroit softball looking to stay on the upswing
- Former North soccer standout, Stander, returns to patrol the sidelines
- Royal Oak High soccer back with experience and high goals