Metro DetroitAugust 7, 2012
Great Oaks plays host to MICSA swim finals
The Michigan Inter-Club Swimming Association final meet was held July 27-29 at Great Oaks Country Club in Rochester.
In all, 14 boys and 14 girls teams ranging in age from 8 to 17 hit the pool in hopes of bringing home a title for their club.
In the end, Grosse Pointe Woods’ Lochmoor Club took the overall team title after finishing with 915.5 total points. The girls team finished third overall with 374.5 points, while the boys were second with 485 points.
Birmingham Athletic Club’s team was second overall after the boys took first with 505 points and the girls were fourth with 361. The host team from Great Oaks was third with 775.5 points; the girls took the title with 434.5 points and the boys were fourth with 338.
Grosse Pointe Yacht Club was fourth overall with 772 points, followed by the Detroit Golf Club (656.5), Royal Oak’s Red Run Golf Club (479.5), Bloomfield Hills’ Oakland Hills Country Club (422), Southfield’s Plum Hollow Country Club (398), Detroit Yacht Club (391), Redford’s Western Golf & Country Club (248), Country Club of Detroit (206.5), Grosse Pointe Hunt Club (185), Grosse Ile Golf & Country Club (86) and Dearborn Country Club (69.5).
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- Sterling Heights native, Albion College pitcher, earns MVP honors - Sterling Heights
- Dakota girls basketball’s entire graduating class receives college scholarship - Macomb Township
- Clawson High girls soccer gives itself chance at third straight title - Clawson
- Stoney Creek outlast Sterling-Mott Unified in boys lacrosse playoff opener - Rochester Hills
- LACROSSE: Local teams see varying results as state tournament begins - Warren
- Fraser boys track and field wins MAC championship - Fraser
- Eisenhower softball looks to build strong foundation - Shelby Township
- Local gymnast qualifies for Junior Olympics - Harrison Township
- North Farmington baseball team improves to 14-3 with 5-2 victory against Pioneer - Farmington Hills
- Club rugby programs become more visible in area - Metro Detroit
- Stoney Creek graduate taken No. 1 in NFL draft - Rochester
- De La Salle lacrosse team navigating its way through tough slate - Warren
- Walled Lake Northern lacrosse wins city championship - Walled Lake
- Troy softball team sweeps Athens in postseason preview - Troy
- Local gymnast qualifies for Junior Olympics
- Walled Lake Northern lacrosse wins city championship
- Club rugby programs become more visible in area
- Clawson High girls soccer gives itself chance at third straight title
- Roseville High girls soccer looks to improve under second-year coach
- De La Salle lacrosse team navigating its way through tough slate
- NDP soccer continues strong season with victory against Bishop Foley