Macomb County, Wayne County
Published March 27, 2013
Girls hoops players honored with All-League status
By Jason Carmel Davis email@example.com Follow Jason on Twitter.
The 2012-13 Macomb Area Conference girls basketball season has come to a close, with squads in the 36-team league seeing varying results.
A number of players from each MAC team have been named to All-League teams for their various divisions.
Most Valuable Player and Coach of the Year honors have been handed out, as well.
Here’s a division-by-division breakdown of each honor team.
Grosse Pointe South’s Claire DeBoer earned league MVP honors, with her coach, Kevin Richards, being named MAC Red Coach of the Year.
All-League honorees are DeBoer and Cierra Rice, South; Cris Harper and Ashley Nickens, Utica Ford II; Kylie Townsley, Olivia Savage and Rio Dudgeon, Macomb Dakota; Maria Liddane and Taryn Kiah, Grosse Pointe North; Lindsey Herndon, Romeo; and Tiffany Misch, Clinton Township Chippewa Valley.
South went 12-0 to win the league. Dakota finished second at 9-3, followed by Ford (8-4), North (6-6), Romeo (5-7), Chippewa Valley (2-10) and Sterling Heights Stevenson (0-12).
Carly D’Almeida, of Harrison Township, L’Anse Creuse was named league MVP. Port Huron Northern coach Mark Dickinson earned Coach of the Year honors.
All-League honorees are D’Almeida and Leeza Donald, L’Anse Creuse; Bethany McCord, Nicole Propst and Haley Hoffman, Warren Cousino; Casey Fealko, McKenzie Lance, Becca Richard and Kaity Lawson, Port Huron Northern; Natalie Nowak, Utica Eisenhower; and Courtney Ingles, St. Clair High.
Port Huron Northern and Cousino finished 11-1 to share the league title, followed by L’Anse Creuse (8-4), Eisenhower (5-7), St. Clair (4-8), Port Huron High (3-9) and Utica High (0-12).
Macomb L’Anse Creuse North’s Marisa Oleksiak took home league MVP honors, while Sterling Heights High coach Rick Repicky was named Coach of the Year.
All-League honorees are Oleksiak, De’Asia Clark and Keearra Brown, LCN; Sadé Lemons, Julianna Trombley and Dayshia Vance, Sterling Heights; Leah Charrette, St. Clair Shores Lakeview; Rachel DeLuca and Vicki Visger, Fraser; Vicki Guzowski, Warren Woods Tower; and Aja Williams, Roseville.
Sterling Heights and LCN went 11-1 in league play to share the MAC Blue title. Lakeview and Fraser were next at 7-5, respectively, followed by Tower (4-8), Roseville (2-10) and Fitzgerald (0-12)
Madison Valko, of Marysville, earned league MVP honors, with her coach, Ryan Rathje, being named Coach of the Year.
All-League honorees are Valko, Taylor Hornbacher and Emily Garrow, Marysville; Sydney Morgan, Carly Vargo and Paige Plotzke, St. Clair Shores Lake Shore; Markela Snipes, Tiasia Duplessis and Rosetta Bryant, Mount Clemens; Cami Bidinger and Kendall Stoll, Anchor Bay; and Kristyn Bawol, Warren Mott.
Marysville went 11-1 to capture the league title. Lake Shore placed second with a 10-2 mark, followed by Mount Clemens (9-3), Anchor Bay (6-6), Mott (4-8), Marine City (2-10) and Lincoln (0-12).
St. Clair Shores South Lake sophomore NaKyra Jordan won league MVP honors. Center Line coach Trevor Warczinsky was named Coach of the Year.
All-League honorees are Jordan, Nyshah Brown and Taylor Pitts, South Lake; Crystal Thomas and Jade Smith, Center Line; Taylor Kelly and Alexias Hilliard, Madison Heights Lamphere; Rolanda Petty, Clinton Township Clintondale; Micaeh McGlaum, New Haven; Daniella Marsee, East Detroit; and Dasha Gould, Madison Heights Madison.
South Lake finished 13-1 to win the league. Center Line came in second at 11-2, followed by Lamphere (10-4), Madison (7-7), East Detroit (7-7), Clintondale (4-10), Clawson (2-12) and New Haven (1-14).
- 7 DAYS
- 30 DAYS
- College hoops coaches to team up in effort to help ‘beat cancer’ - Bloomfield Hills
- Lake Shore girls soccer coach stressing continual improvement - St. Clair Shores
- Chippewa Valley senior volleyball standout to take her talents to the next level - Clinton Township
- Times may be a-changing for Oakland University golf program - Metro Detroit
- OAA boys basketball names honor teams - Oakland County
- L’Anse Creuse baseball eyeing first division title since 2005 - Harrison Township
- Avondale baseball getting into the swing of things - Troy
- Catholic League honors boys, girls hoops teams - Metro Detroit
- Macomb Area Conference names season’s top hockey players - Macomb County
- Center Line baseball to lean on defense and pitching, manufacturing runs - Center Line
- Gasparotto challenging his Farmington soccer squad with hopes of playoff payoff - Farmington
- Roseville High softball coach teaching positivity, joy of the game - Roseville
- Lake Shore softball hopes to build on last season’s run to regionals - St. Clair Shores
- Royal Oak coach rewarded for greatness - Royal Oak
- Roseville High softball coach teaching positivity, joy of the game
- East Detroit baseball out to surprise teams in 2015
- Royal Oak coach rewarded for greatness
- Lakeview baseball expecting good things in 2015
- Former North soccer standout, Stander, returns to patrol the sidelines
- Royal Oak High soccer back with experience and high goals
- Catholic League honors boys, girls hoops teams