Published November 12, 2013
Center Line captures district title, other local teams ousted
By Jason Carmel Davis firstname.lastname@example.org Follow Jason on Twitter.
The Center Line High volleyball team bested St. Clair Shores South Lake 3-0 Nov. 7 to win a Michigan High School Athletic Association Class B district title on its home floor.
The Panthers, 15-15-8 at press time, advance to regionals, where they will meet Pontiac Notre Dame Prep in a match set for 5:30 p.m. Nov. 12 at Prep. The other half of that regional field hadn’t been set at press time.
In advancing to the district final, Center Line knocked off Clinton Township Clintondale 3-1 in the semis. The Panthers received a bye through the district quarterfinals.
Warren Cousino fell 3-0 to Fraser High in a Class A district final played Nov. 7 at Warren Woods Tower. The Patriots beat the host Titans 3-1 Nov. 6 to advance to the district final. Cousino ends the season at 17-26-4. Tower ends the season at 17-18-5.
The Warren Regina volleyball team saw its season end in a 3-0 loss to Tower in a Class A district quarterfinal Nov. 4 at Tower.
Warren Mott fell 3-0 to Fraser High in a Class A district semi played Nov. 6 at Tower. The Marauders, which finish the season at 18-25-1, received a bye through the district quarterfinals.
Warren Lincoln saw its season come to a close in a 3-0 loss to St. Clair Shores South Lake in a Class B district semi played Nov. 6 at Center Line. The Abes received a bye through the district quarters.
Warren Michigan Collegiate fell 3-0 to Mount Clemens in a Class C district semi played Nov. 6 at Rochester Hills Lutheran Northwest. The Cougars received a bye through the district quarterfinals.
The Warren Fitzgerald volleyball team’s season concluded with a 3-1 setback to Hazel Park High in a Class B district quarterfinal played Nov. 4 at Fitzgerald.
- 7 DAYS
- 30 DAYS
- Times may be a-changing for Oakland University golf program - Metro Detroit
- OAA boys basketball names honor teams - Oakland County
- Utica Ford boys golf tops at 2015 Evans-Gill tournament - Ray Township
- Troy and Athens softball set to face off for first — and only — meeting - Troy
- Mercy softball stays perfect on the season, wins by mercy twice in doubleheader sweep of Ladywood - Farmington Hills
- New Tower baseball coach sees potential in young team - Warren
- Eisenhower lacrosse has sights set on another MAC Red title - Shelby Township
- Catholic League honors boys, girls hoops teams - Metro Detroit
- Macomb Area Conference names season’s top hockey players - Macomb County
- Center Line baseball to lean on defense and pitching, manufacturing runs - Center Line
- Gasparotto challenging his Farmington soccer squad with hopes of playoff payoff - Farmington
- Roseville High softball coach teaching positivity, joy of the game - Roseville
- Lake Shore softball hopes to build on last season’s run to regionals - St. Clair Shores
- Royal Oak coach rewarded for greatness - Royal Oak
- Roseville High softball coach teaching positivity, joy of the game
- East Detroit baseball out to surprise teams in 2015
- Royal Oak coach rewarded for greatness
- Lakeview baseball expecting good things in 2015
- East Detroit softball looking to stay on the upswing
- Former North soccer standout, Stander, returns to patrol the sidelines
- Royal Oak High soccer back with experience and high goals