Published December 4, 2012
Woman killed in crash at 11 Mile and Bunert
By Brian Louwers email@example.com
An Eastpointe woman was killed and two other people suffered injuries in a midday crash at 11 Mile and Bunert Dec. 4.
According to Warren Police Commissioner Jere Green, police and fire rescue personnel were dispatched to the scene of a two-car crash at the intersection on the eastbound I-696 service drive at 11:44 a.m.
“There are witnesses that confirm that a black Ford Focus, northbound on Bunert, driven by a 60-year-old female with a passenger we believe was her 25-year-old son — they run a red light,” Green said. “While in the intersection, a commercial van with the right-of-way through a green light strikes the Focus broadside. The female driver is deceased.”
Firefighters extricated the woman from the Focus through the car’s roof and transported her to a local hospital, where she was pronounced dead.
Green said the passenger of the Focus, believed to be the woman’s son, was alert and able to speak at the scene. He was taken to a different hospital where he was treated for injuries not considered to be life-threatening.
The driver of the van, a resident of Ann Arbor, suffered only a minor knee injury and declined medical treatment. Green said he tested negative for alcohol at the scene and was not ticketed as a result of the crash.
- 7 DAYS
- 30 DAYS
- Farewell to the Field event takes a look back - Clawson
- Rock community ready to roast local show promoter - Roseville
- Military museum announces upcoming event plans - Eastpointe
- Don’t be behind the curve on roundabouts - Metro Detroit
- Tour the chocolate factory with Lamphere High’s ‘Willy Wonka’ - Madison Heights
- Bank robbers detained after high-speed pursuit - Harrison Township
- Kroger receives approval for $25 million marketplace - Royal Oak
- Stolen wedding ring a fake report, police say - St. Clair Shores
- Police investigate fatal single-vehicle crash - Shelby Township
- Construction continues at Macomb Mall - Roseville
- Frankenfoods: Are GMOs as scary as people think? - Metro Detroit
- Man in skeleton hoodie robs 7-Eleven - St. Clair Shores
- Jump for Trevor helps teen in need of a heart transplant - Southfield
- Berkley, Huntington Woods rank in top 10 places to live in Michigan - Berkley
- Stolen wedding ring a fake report, police say
- Henry, longtime police K-9, to retire April 17
- Construction continues at Macomb Mall
- Berkley, Huntington Woods rank in top 10 places to live in Michigan
- NAMM award is sweet music to UCS
- Rock community ready to roast local show promoter
- Jazz pros, students to celebrate music of past and present at April 30 concert