WarrenDecember 4, 2012
Woman killed in crash at 11 Mile and Bunert
By Brian Louwers
C & G Staff Writer
An Eastpointe woman was killed and two other people suffered injuries in a midday crash at 11 Mile and Bunert Dec. 4.
According to Warren Police Commissioner Jere Green, police and fire rescue personnel were dispatched to the scene of a two-car crash at the intersection on the eastbound I-696 service drive at 11:44 a.m.
“There are witnesses that confirm that a black Ford Focus, northbound on Bunert, driven by a 60-year-old female with a passenger we believe was her 25-year-old son — they run a red light,” Green said. “While in the intersection, a commercial van with the right-of-way through a green light strikes the Focus broadside. The female driver is deceased.”
Firefighters extricated the woman from the Focus through the car’s roof and transported her to a local hospital, where she was pronounced dead.
Green said the passenger of the Focus, believed to be the woman’s son, was alert and able to speak at the scene. He was taken to a different hospital where he was treated for injuries not considered to be life-threatening.
The driver of the van, a resident of Ann Arbor, suffered only a minor knee injury and declined medical treatment. Green said he tested negative for alcohol at the scene and was not ticketed as a result of the crash.
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- Missing woman found dead - West Bloomfield
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall - Berkley
- All in the family - Clinton Township
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi - Metro Detroit
- Premature birth rates decline in Michigan for sixth year - Metro Detroit
- Looking Back: 1920s Coolidge Highway - Berkley
- Police seek help in fatal hit-and-run - Clinton Township
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer - Shelby Township
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams - Walled Lake
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee - Macomb Township
- East Detroit student dies following pool accident - Eastpointe
- Attorney dies in Harper Avenue crash - St. Clair Shores
- CVHS students to stage production of ‘Hairspray’ - Clinton Township
- Looking Back: Selinsky-Green Farmhouse c. 1898 - St. Clair Shores
- Sterling woman hurt in shooting - Sterling Heights
- Christmas comes to the Shores - St. Clair Shores
- County board considers regional water authority proposal - Macomb County
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee
- Child prodigy becomes youngest artist exhibited at Park West Gallery
- All in the family
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi