Rochester HillsMarch 6, 2013
Woman dies in head-on crash
By Linda Shepard
C & G Staff Writer
ROCHESTER HILLS — A 57-year-old Lapeer woman died as a result of a recent multiple vehicle head-on car crash on Adams Road near Butler Road.
According to a police report, the woman was driving a 1995 Ford Mustang when she struck a 2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer head-on at 1:54 p.m. March 1.
The Trailblazer driver, a 33-year-old Shelby Township resident, was injured and transported to Crittenton Hospital in Rochester. At press time, the driver was reported to be in stable condition.
A witness told police the Lapeer woman was driving the Mustang erratically shortly before the crash and the Mustang sideswiped a 2006 BMW X5. The Mustang crossed the center of the road after the sideswipe before continuing in the southbound lane of Adams while traveling north and striking the Trailblazer head-on, the witness told police.
The Lapeer woman was transported to Crittenton Hospital and was pronounced dead at 2:30 p.m. March 1.
The driver of the BMW, a 43-year-old Birmingham resident, and a passenger in the BMW were not injured. A Trailblazer passenger was also not injured.
According to the report, alcohol may have been a factor in the crash. All drivers and passengers were wearing seat belts. The crash is currently under investigation.
- Last 24 Hours
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- Woman found dead in Warren home - Warren
- Former Birmingham mayor arrested again on meth charges - Birmingham
- Business owner slain outside restaurant - Harper Woods
- City purse snatcher still at large - Grosse Pointe City
- Community rallies for Shelby boy with brain cancer - Shelby Township
- Helping Hands for Hunger food drive helps Norup students - Oak Park
- Former Berkley mayor offers to repair clock she donated to city - Berkley
- Missing woman found dead - West Bloomfield
- All in the family - Clinton Township
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi - Metro Detroit
- Premature birth rates decline in Michigan for sixth year - Metro Detroit
- Looking Back: 1920s Coolidge Highway - Berkley
- Lieutenant promoted to Deputy Police Chief - St. Clair Shores
- Looking Back: Warren Co-op - Warren
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer - Shelby Township
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams - Walled Lake
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee - Macomb Township
- East Detroit student dies following pool accident - Eastpointe
- Attorney dies in Harper Avenue crash - St. Clair Shores
- CVHS students to stage production of ‘Hairspray’ - Clinton Township
- Looking Back: Selinsky-Green Farmhouse c. 1898 - St. Clair Shores
- Sterling woman hurt in shooting - Sterling Heights
- Christmas comes to the Shores - St. Clair Shores
- County board considers regional water authority proposal - Macomb County
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee
- Child prodigy becomes youngest artist exhibited at Park West Gallery
- All in the family
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi