Woman dies in head-on crash
March 6, 2013
ROCHESTER HILLS — A 57-year-old Lapeer woman died as a result of a recent multiple vehicle head-on car crash on Adams Road near Butler Road.
According to a police report, the woman was driving a 1995 Ford Mustang when she struck a 2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer head-on at 1:54 p.m. March 1.
The Trailblazer driver, a 33-year-old Shelby Township resident, was injured and transported to Crittenton Hospital in Rochester. At press time, the driver was reported to be in stable condition.
A witness told police the Lapeer woman was driving the Mustang erratically shortly before the crash and the Mustang sideswiped a 2006 BMW X5. The Mustang crossed the center of the road after the sideswipe before continuing in the southbound lane of Adams while traveling north and striking the Trailblazer head-on, the witness told police.
The Lapeer woman was transported to Crittenton Hospital and was pronounced dead at 2:30 p.m. March 1.
The driver of the BMW, a 43-year-old Birmingham resident, and a passenger in the BMW were not injured. A Trailblazer passenger was also not injured.
According to the report, alcohol may have been a factor in the crash. All drivers and passengers were wearing seat belts. The crash is currently under investigation.
About the author
Staff Writer Linda Shepard covers Rochester Hills and Oakland Township for the Rochester Post. Shepard has worked for C & G Newspapers since 1998, graduated from Oakland University and is a past winner of the Michigan Press Association award. Shepard takes an avid interest in Detroit’s history and current rebirth.
- 30 DAYS
- Police investigate three suspicious car fires - Royal Oak
- Dakota High School student dead after being found in hospital parking structure - Clinton Township
- Alertness may protect your car, holiday gifts - Metro Detroit
- Teen dies after rollover accident - Clinton Township
- Dakota senior earns Eagle Scout recognition - Macomb Township
- Dead body identified as Hazel Park man - Hazel Park
- You’re still a good man, Charlie Brown - Warren
- Explosion rocks neighborhood - St. Clair Shores
- Kramer Homes offers gift of community for disabled vet - Center Line
- Stein Mart opens first metro Detroit store in Rochester Hills - Rochester Hills
- Police arrest suspect in hit-and-run of Troy High School student - Troy
- Commissioners approve Oakland County Animal Control’s new ‘forever home’ - Oakland County
- Chaldean foundation opens new community center - Sterling Heights
- New high school club puts focus on science and technology - Roseville