ROCHESTER HILLS — A 57-year-old Lapeer woman died as a result of a recent multiple vehicle head-on car crash on Adams Road near Butler Road.
According to a police report, the woman was driving a 1995 Ford Mustang when she struck a 2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer head-on at 1:54 p.m. March 1.
The Trailblazer driver, a 33-year-old Shelby Township resident, was injured and transported to Crittenton Hospital in Rochester. At press time, the driver was reported to be in stable condition.
A witness told police the Lapeer woman was driving the Mustang erratically shortly before the crash and the Mustang sideswiped a 2006 BMW X5. The Mustang crossed the center of the road after the sideswipe before continuing in the southbound lane of Adams while traveling north and striking the Trailblazer head-on, the witness told police.
The Lapeer woman was transported to Crittenton Hospital and was pronounced dead at 2:30 p.m. March 1.
The driver of the BMW, a 43-year-old Birmingham resident, and a passenger in the BMW were not injured. A Trailblazer passenger was also not injured.
According to the report, alcohol may have been a factor in the crash. All drivers and passengers were wearing seat belts. The crash is currently under investigation.
- 30 DAYS
- Local families participate in kidney walk - Macomb Township
- Ride to explore sights of St. Clair Shores - St. Clair Shores
- Sterling Heights teen to sing in Nashville — and at Sterlingfest - Sterling Heights
- Teens caught shooting paintballs at homes - St. Clair Shores
- Decades of Dress features ageless fashion - Rochester Hills
- Kyte Monroe Park rededicated to ensure coach’s legacy lives on - St. Clair Shores
- New Kroger could be finished by Thanksgiving - Roseville
- BHS recognized as one of the most challenging high schools in the state - Berkley
- Auto accident critically injures Stevenson student - Sterling Heights
- A mother’s dream come true - Macomb Township
- Stevenson student dies after M-53 accident - Sterling Heights
- Sheriff shares latest developments in fatal Stony Creek crash - Shelby Township
- Three 17-year-olds die in single-vehicle crash at park - Shelby Township
- Madison district plans next phase of consolidated campus - Madison Heights