ROCHESTER HILLS — A 51-year-old Ferndale woman died of injuries sustained in a 6:50 p.m. Nov. 15 car crash on Dequindre Road, south of Avon Road.
According to a police report, the Ferndale woman was driving her 2001 Ford Taurus north on Dequindre and lost control of the car where the roadway curves to the west at the border of Shelby Township. The car crossed the center line, entering the southbound lane.
The 2001 Taurus was struck broadside on the passenger side by a 2004 Ford Taurus. Rochester Hills Fire Department emergency officials responded and rendered aid to all occupants.
The Ferndale woman died enroute to Beaumont Hospital, Troy. The woman was not wearing her seat belt at the time of the crash, the report states.
The 2004 Taurus was driven by a 17-year-old Rochester Hills girl. Three passengers included a 16-year-old girl, her 18-year-old sister and their 35-year-old mother, all residents of Rochester Hills. The driver and all passengers sustained injuries in the crash and were transported to Beaumont Hospital, Troy.
At press time, all four occupants of the 2004 Taurus were listed in stable condition. According to the report, the front seat car occupants were wearing seatbelts, but the back seat passengers were not.
Alcohol appears to be a factor in the crash, the report states. An investigation continues.
- 30 DAYS
- EPA work to close Harper Avenue for weeks - St. Clair Shores
- West Bloomfield hopes to ‘eliminate the stigma’ - West Bloomfield
- K-9 to receive bulletproof vest - Grosse Pointe Woods
- Shelby to Utica trail connection work to wrap up Nov. 15 - Shelby Township
- Rochester hires new city manager - Rochester
- Multitasking your workout - Metro Detroit
- New web series features talents of local actors - St. Clair Shores
- Teacher uses bracelets to spread positive behavior - Roseville
- Men steal thousands in cigarettes - St. Clair Shores
- Serious crash occurs at 23 Mile and Schoenherr - Shelby Township
- Roseville teacher honored for 48 years of service - Roseville
- Police say deceased man found below tower likely took own life - Shelby Township
- Made in Michigan Festival returns with race, food trucks and more - St. Clair Shores
- Woman killed in boating accident on Lake St. Clair - Harrison Township