TroyNovember 6, 2012
Warren woman dies in car crash on Long Lake
By Terry Oparka
C & G Staff Writer
Police are investigating a car crash that claimed the life of a 68-year-old Warren woman Nov. 3.
According to Troy police, the Warren woman was a passenger in the front seat of a 1999 Toyota Camry driven by a 66-year-old Sterling Heights woman who tried to turn left from westbound Long Lake onto Saddle Brook Court, west of John R, just before 7 p.m. Police said the Camry failed to yield to a 2002 Lincoln travelling eastbound, and the Camry was struck on the passenger side.
The Warren woman was trapped in the car and unresponsive at the scene, police said. Troy firefighters extricated her from the vehicle and she was transported to Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, where she was pronounced dead.
Police said the driver of the Camry sustained minor injuries and was treated at the scene. According to reports, the driver of the Lincoln did not suffer injuries in the crash but police, upon investigation, arrested him for drunken driving.
Blood test results are pending. Police were not releasing the name of the deceased. The Oakland County Crash Investigation Team conducted an investigation at the scene.
Anyone with information on the crash is asked to contact Troy police at (248) 524-3477.
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- Missing woman found dead - West Bloomfield
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall - Berkley
- Emagine scraps plans for Roseville location - Roseville
- All in the family - Clinton Township
- Man robs Roseville bank - Roseville
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi - Metro Detroit
- Police seek help in fatal hit-and-run - Clinton Township
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer - Shelby Township
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams - Walled Lake
- Mom, man she met online to stand trial on child sex charge - Warren
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee - Macomb Township
- East Detroit student dies following pool accident - Eastpointe
- Attorney dies in Harper Avenue crash - St. Clair Shores
- CVHS students to stage production of ‘Hairspray’ - Clinton Township
- Sterling woman hurt in shooting - Sterling Heights
- Christmas comes to the Shores - St. Clair Shores
- County board considers regional water authority proposal - Macomb County
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee
- Child prodigy becomes youngest artist exhibited at Park West Gallery
- All in the family
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi