Police are investigating a car crash that claimed the life of a 68-year-old Warren woman Nov. 3.
According to Troy police, the Warren woman was a passenger in the front seat of a 1999 Toyota Camry driven by a 66-year-old Sterling Heights woman who tried to turn left from westbound Long Lake onto Saddle Brook Court, west of John R, just before 7 p.m. Police said the Camry failed to yield to a 2002 Lincoln travelling eastbound, and the Camry was struck on the passenger side.
The Warren woman was trapped in the car and unresponsive at the scene, police said. Troy firefighters extricated her from the vehicle and she was transported to Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, where she was pronounced dead.
Police said the driver of the Camry sustained minor injuries and was treated at the scene. According to reports, the driver of the Lincoln did not suffer injuries in the crash but police, upon investigation, arrested him for drunken driving.
Blood test results are pending. Police were not releasing the name of the deceased. The Oakland County Crash Investigation Team conducted an investigation at the scene.
Anyone with information on the crash is asked to contact Troy police at (248) 524-3477.
- 30 DAYS
- EPA work to close Harper Avenue for weeks - St. Clair Shores
- West Bloomfield hopes to ‘eliminate the stigma’ - West Bloomfield
- K-9 to receive bulletproof vest - Grosse Pointe Woods
- Shelby to Utica trail connection work to wrap up Nov. 15 - Shelby Township
- Rochester hires new city manager - Rochester
- Multitasking your workout - Metro Detroit
- New web series features talents of local actors - St. Clair Shores
- Teacher uses bracelets to spread positive behavior - Roseville
- Men steal thousands in cigarettes - St. Clair Shores
- Serious crash occurs at 23 Mile and Schoenherr - Shelby Township
- Roseville teacher honored for 48 years of service - Roseville
- Police say deceased man found below tower likely took own life - Shelby Township
- Made in Michigan Festival returns with race, food trucks and more - St. Clair Shores
- Woman killed in boating accident on Lake St. Clair - Harrison Township