WarrenFebruary 25, 2013
Warren police investigate two sexual assault reports
By Brian Louwers
C & G Staff Writer
WARREN — Warren police responded to a motel to investigate a pair of unrelated alleged sexual assault reports Feb. 20.
According to Detective Sgt. Stephen Mills, police in Shelby Township alerted Warren detectives after an 18-year-old township resident reported that she was sexually assaulted in a room at America’s Best Value Inn & Suites, on Miller, north of Chicago Road and west of Van Dyke, early on Feb. 20.
“She was interviewed and we’re developing a suspect,” Mills said Feb. 21.
The woman reportedly told police the cousin of a male acquaintance committed the assault.
“She went to the hotel with one guy. The guy’s cousin showed up. The guy she went there with left. The cousin demanded sex. She refused, so he forced her,” Mills said.
Police were reportedly at the motel at 7:30 a.m. when Sterling Heights police called Warren detectives to report another alleged sexual assault involving two teens in a different room.
Mills said the parent of a 15-year-old girl contacted Sterling Heights police after her daughter was allegedly sexually assaulted.
“She indicated she had been sexually assaulted. She indicated her 13-year-old friend was still at the hotel and gave us a room number,” Mills said.
Warren police arrested two Macomb Township men, ages 21 and 17, as they attempted to leave the motel.
The teens reportedly met the men at Lakeside Mall Feb. 19 before they went to the motel.
The men arrested in connection with the second case remained in custody and were scheduled to be arraigned in the 37th District Court Feb. 22.
- Last 24 Hours
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- WB board to petition governor for treasurer’s removal - West Bloomfield
- Bashara seeks laptop in jail as he prepares for murder trial - Detroit
- Commission takes stance against I-75 expansion - Royal Oak
- Puppies transform prisoners - Rochester Hills
- Hackel touts ‘resurgence’ of Macomb County economy - Macomb County
- Troy makes Grand Sakwa offer for transit center land - Troy
- All in the family - Clinton Township
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi - Metro Detroit
- Looking Back: 1920s Coolidge Highway - Berkley
- Lieutenant promoted to Deputy Police Chief - St. Clair Shores
- Looking Back: Warren Co-op - Warren
- Ferndale resident taking part in Potters Market for first time - Ferndale
- Avoid holiday horror stories - Shelby Township
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer - Shelby Township
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams - Walled Lake
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee - Macomb Township
- East Detroit student dies following pool accident - Eastpointe
- Attorney dies in Harper Avenue crash - St. Clair Shores
- CVHS students to stage production of ‘Hairspray’ - Clinton Township
- Looking Back: Selinsky-Green Farmhouse c. 1898 - St. Clair Shores
- Sterling woman hurt in shooting - Sterling Heights
- Christmas comes to the Shores - St. Clair Shores
- County board considers regional water authority proposal - Macomb County
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee
- Child prodigy becomes youngest artist exhibited at Park West Gallery
- All in the family
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi