Warren police investigate two sexual assault reports
February 25, 2013
WARREN — Warren police responded to a motel to investigate a pair of unrelated alleged sexual assault reports Feb. 20.
According to Detective Sgt. Stephen Mills, police in Shelby Township alerted Warren detectives after an 18-year-old township resident reported that she was sexually assaulted in a room at America’s Best Value Inn & Suites, on Miller, north of Chicago Road and west of Van Dyke, early on Feb. 20.
“She was interviewed and we’re developing a suspect,” Mills said Feb. 21.
The woman reportedly told police the cousin of a male acquaintance committed the assault.
“She went to the hotel with one guy. The guy’s cousin showed up. The guy she went there with left. The cousin demanded sex. She refused, so he forced her,” Mills said.
Police were reportedly at the motel at 7:30 a.m. when Sterling Heights police called Warren detectives to report another alleged sexual assault involving two teens in a different room.
Mills said the parent of a 15-year-old girl contacted Sterling Heights police after her daughter was allegedly sexually assaulted.
“She indicated she had been sexually assaulted. She indicated her 13-year-old friend was still at the hotel and gave us a room number,” Mills said.
Warren police arrested two Macomb Township men, ages 21 and 17, as they attempted to leave the motel.
The teens reportedly met the men at Lakeside Mall Feb. 19 before they went to the motel.
The men arrested in connection with the second case remained in custody and were scheduled to be arraigned in the 37th District Court Feb. 22.
About the author
Staff Writer Brian Louwers covers the cities of Warren and Center Line. He has worked for C & G Newspapers since 1998 and is a graduate of the University of Michigan-Dearborn. In his free time, he participates in the Michigan State University Extension Master Gardener Volunteer Program and conducts interviews with military veterans for the Veterans History Project at the Library of Congress.
- 30 DAYS
- Police investigate three suspicious car fires - Royal Oak
- Dakota High School student dead after being found in hospital parking structure - Clinton Township
- Alertness may protect your car, holiday gifts - Metro Detroit
- Teen dies after rollover accident - Clinton Township
- Dakota senior earns Eagle Scout recognition - Macomb Township
- Dead body identified as Hazel Park man - Hazel Park
- You’re still a good man, Charlie Brown - Warren
- Explosion rocks neighborhood - St. Clair Shores
- Kramer Homes offers gift of community for disabled vet - Center Line
- Stein Mart opens first metro Detroit store in Rochester Hills - Rochester Hills
- Police arrest suspect in hit-and-run of Troy High School student - Troy
- Commissioners approve Oakland County Animal Control’s new ‘forever home’ - Oakland County
- Chaldean foundation opens new community center - Sterling Heights
- New high school club puts focus on science and technology - Roseville