Warren Consolidated, Fitzgerald close school Dec. 11
Published December 11, 2012
School is closed today for Warren Consolidated Schools and Fitzgerald Public Schools because teachers from both districts are expected to be in Lansing to protest the right-to-work legislation currently pending.
The day will be treated like a snow day for both districts.
"Without an adequate number of staff members, we cannot hold school," WCS Superintendent Robert Livernois stated in a letter sent to the "WCS Community."
A similar message was stated on the FPS website.
Phone calls were made to Warren Woods Public Schools parents Dec. 10 that school will be in session Dec. 11. The phone message said a local television news station had incorrectly reported WWPS would be closed Tuesday, when it will actually be open for staff and students.
- 30 DAYS
- Strap in pets and keep them cool in the car - Metro Detroit
- Seeing green: LTU named one of nation’s eco colleges - Southfield
- Lakefront residents continue to deal with stinky muck - Harrison Township
- Fillmore Elementary to close, merge with Black - Sterling Heights
- JLD Designers’ Show House to be back in Park in 2016 - Grosse Pointe Park
- Woman faces child abuse charges after infant found injured - Eastpointe
- Planet Lori gives kids touched by cancer chance to be young again - Birmingham
- Military museum announces upcoming event plans - Eastpointe
- BHS recognized as one of the most challenging high schools in the state - Berkley
- Auto accident critically injures Stevenson student - Sterling Heights
- A mother’s dream come true - Macomb Township
- Stevenson student dies after M-53 accident - Sterling Heights
- Sheriff shares latest developments in fatal Stony Creek crash - Shelby Township
- East Detroit approves school uniform policy - Eastpointe