School is closed today for Warren Consolidated Schools and Fitzgerald Public Schools because teachers from both districts are expected to be in Lansing to protest the right-to-work legislation currently pending.
The day will be treated like a snow day for both districts.
"Without an adequate number of staff members, we cannot hold school," WCS Superintendent Robert Livernois stated in a letter sent to the "WCS Community."
A similar message was stated on the FPS website.
Phone calls were made to Warren Woods Public Schools parents Dec. 10 that school will be in session Dec. 11. The phone message said a local television news station had incorrectly reported WWPS would be closed Tuesday, when it will actually be open for staff and students.
- 30 DAYS
- Woman carjacked outside Lakeside Mall - Sterling Heights
- Armed suspect robs restaurant patron - Grosse Pointes
- Berkley, Ferndale named top places for young professionals in metro Detroit - Berkley
- State says to watch for invasive beetle on Michigan’s doorstep - Metro Detroit
- Man arrested after Harrison Township home invasion - Harrison Township
- Police searching for serial poop-smearing suspects - Utica
- Man found dead in prayer position in front yard of home - Troy
- Shopping center, Kroger coming to 26 Mile and Van Dyke - Shelby Township
- From shipping container to residential development - Metro Detroit
- Macomb Township native sings her way into finals of ‘America’s Got Talent’ - Macomb Township
- Woman killed in head-on collision on Lake Shore - Grosse Pointe Farms
- Crash survivor arraigned on alcohol charge - Shelby Township
- From student to principal - Clinton Township
- Put proper hydration on your summer to-do list - Metro Detroit