Rochester HillsJune 26, 2012
Two teens injured in car crash
By Linda Shepard
C & G Staff Writer
ROCHESTER HILLS — Two teenagers in a crash on North Fairview west of Grandview were injured when their car ran into a home’s garage.
According to Capt. Michael Johnson of the Oakland County Sheriffs Office’s Rochester Hills substation, five teenage boys were in the car when the driver lost control at approximately 80 mph at midnight June 23.
The 16-year-old driving the 2013 Dodge Dart ran off the neighborhood street roadway and struck a large landscaping boulder, Johnson said. The car flipped over and crashed into the attached garage of a house.
One teen suffered a fractured arm, and another teen was transported to McLaren Hospital in Pontiac with unspecified injuries.
“It was very forturnate someone wasn’t more severely injured,” Johnson said. At press time, both injured teens were listed in stable condition.
When the Dodge Dart hit the garage, two cars inside were damaged and the wall of the garage was destroyed.
After the crash, all of the teens got out of the car, Johnson said. One teen collapsed near the Dodge Dart, while the driver of the car collapsed two houses away. The three remaining teens fled the scene on foot.
Rochester Hill Fired Department officials arrived and transported the injured teens to the hospital.
Johson said a crash investigator is currently attempting to find out the details of the crash. It’s not known who was wearing a seatbelt, and alcohol use may have been a factor, Johnson said.
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- Lieutenant promoted to Deputy Police Chief - St. Clair Shores
- Woman found dead in Warren home - Warren
- Former Birmingham mayor arrested again on meth charges - Birmingham
- Homeowner shoots at home invasion suspect - Harper Woods
- WWTHS graduate killed in Libya remembered - Warren
- Love surrounds local teacher fighting cancer - Warren
- Community rallies for Shelby boy with brain cancer - Shelby Township
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer - Shelby Township
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams - Walled Lake
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee - Macomb Township
- CVHS students to stage production of ‘Hairspray’ - Clinton Township
- Missing woman found dead - West Bloomfield
- Looking Back: Selinsky-Green Farmhouse c. 1898 - St. Clair Shores
- New Macomb Mall owners to redevelop Crowley’s building - Roseville
- Sterling woman hurt in shooting - Sterling Heights
- Christmas comes to the Shores - St. Clair Shores
- County board considers regional water authority proposal - Macomb County
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee
- Child prodigy becomes youngest artist exhibited at Park West Gallery
- All in the family
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi