WarrenSeptember 20, 2013
Thief robs employees at Dollar General
By Brian Louwers
C & G Staff Writer
WARREN — Two employees at a Warren dollar store told police they were robbed by an armed man who entered the business at closing time Sept. 15.
According to Warren Police Detective Lt. Heidi Metz, a 21-year-old Warren woman working at Dollar General near Schoenherr and 13 Mile Road said she emerged from a stockroom at about 9 p.m. and encountered the suspect described as a thin black male — about 5 feet, 8 inches tall — wearing a dark hooded sweatshirt with teal stripes and a black mask. The suspect was reportedly armed with a handgun.
“She comes out of the back room and she sees him standing at the end of the aisle,” Metz said. “Because he’s got this mask on and a gun in his hand, she gets scared. She turns to run. He grabs her and walks her to the back room.”
The suspect then allegedly ordered the employee and another worker, a 51-year-old Roseville woman, to the front of the store and yelled, “Get the money.” He allegedly demanded their phones, as well as store cash.
The suspect eventually left with an undisclosed amount of money in a Dollar General bag.
No one was injured, and police continued to investigate the robbery.
Anyone with information about the suspect or the case can reach Warren police at (586) 574-4700.
- Last 24 Hours
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- WB board to petition governor for treasurer’s removal - West Bloomfield
- Bashara seeks laptop in jail as he prepares for murder trial - Detroit
- Hackel touts ‘resurgence’ of Macomb County economy - Macomb County
- Puppies transform prisoners - Rochester Hills
- Commission takes stance against I-75 expansion - Royal Oak
- Troy makes Grand Sakwa offer for transit center land - Troy
- All in the family - Clinton Township
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi - Metro Detroit
- Looking Back: 1920s Coolidge Highway - Berkley
- Lieutenant promoted to Deputy Police Chief - St. Clair Shores
- Looking Back: Warren Co-op - Warren
- Ferndale resident taking part in Potters Market for first time - Ferndale
- Avoid holiday horror stories - Shelby Township
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer - Shelby Township
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams - Walled Lake
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee - Macomb Township
- East Detroit student dies following pool accident - Eastpointe
- Attorney dies in Harper Avenue crash - St. Clair Shores
- CVHS students to stage production of ‘Hairspray’ - Clinton Township
- Looking Back: Selinsky-Green Farmhouse c. 1898 - St. Clair Shores
- Sterling woman hurt in shooting - Sterling Heights
- Christmas comes to the Shores - St. Clair Shores
- County board considers regional water authority proposal - Macomb County
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee
- Child prodigy becomes youngest artist exhibited at Park West Gallery
- All in the family
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi