Thief robs employees at Dollar General
September 20, 2013
WARREN — Two employees at a Warren dollar store told police they were robbed by an armed man who entered the business at closing time Sept. 15.
According to Warren Police Detective Lt. Heidi Metz, a 21-year-old Warren woman working at Dollar General near Schoenherr and 13 Mile Road said she emerged from a stockroom at about 9 p.m. and encountered the suspect described as a thin black male — about 5 feet, 8 inches tall — wearing a dark hooded sweatshirt with teal stripes and a black mask. The suspect was reportedly armed with a handgun.
“She comes out of the back room and she sees him standing at the end of the aisle,” Metz said. “Because he’s got this mask on and a gun in his hand, she gets scared. She turns to run. He grabs her and walks her to the back room.”
The suspect then allegedly ordered the employee and another worker, a 51-year-old Roseville woman, to the front of the store and yelled, “Get the money.” He allegedly demanded their phones, as well as store cash.
The suspect eventually left with an undisclosed amount of money in a Dollar General bag.
No one was injured, and police continued to investigate the robbery.
Anyone with information about the suspect or the case can reach Warren police at (586) 574-4700.
About the author
Staff Writer Brian Louwers covers the cities of Warren and Center Line. He has worked for C & G Newspapers since 1998 and is a graduate of the University of Michigan-Dearborn. In his free time, he participates in the Michigan State University Extension Master Gardener Volunteer Program and conducts interviews with military veterans for the Veterans History Project at the Library of Congress.
- 30 DAYS
- Police investigate three suspicious car fires - Royal Oak
- Dakota High School student dead after being found in hospital parking structure - Clinton Township
- Alertness may protect your car, holiday gifts - Metro Detroit
- Teen dies after rollover accident - Clinton Township
- Dakota senior earns Eagle Scout recognition - Macomb Township
- Dead body identified as Hazel Park man - Hazel Park
- You’re still a good man, Charlie Brown - Warren
- Explosion rocks neighborhood - St. Clair Shores
- Kramer Homes offers gift of community for disabled vet - Center Line
- Stein Mart opens first metro Detroit store in Rochester Hills - Rochester Hills
- Police arrest suspect in hit-and-run of Troy High School student - Troy
- Commissioners approve Oakland County Animal Control’s new ‘forever home’ - Oakland County
- Chaldean foundation opens new community center - Sterling Heights
- New high school club puts focus on science and technology - Roseville