WARREN — Two employees at a Warren dollar store told police they were robbed by an armed man who entered the business at closing time Sept. 15.
According to Warren Police Detective Lt. Heidi Metz, a 21-year-old Warren woman working at Dollar General near Schoenherr and 13 Mile Road said she emerged from a stockroom at about 9 p.m. and encountered the suspect described as a thin black male — about 5 feet, 8 inches tall — wearing a dark hooded sweatshirt with teal stripes and a black mask. The suspect was reportedly armed with a handgun.
“She comes out of the back room and she sees him standing at the end of the aisle,” Metz said. “Because he’s got this mask on and a gun in his hand, she gets scared. She turns to run. He grabs her and walks her to the back room.”
The suspect then allegedly ordered the employee and another worker, a 51-year-old Roseville woman, to the front of the store and yelled, “Get the money.” He allegedly demanded their phones, as well as store cash.
The suspect eventually left with an undisclosed amount of money in a Dollar General bag.
No one was injured, and police continued to investigate the robbery.
Anyone with information about the suspect or the case can reach Warren police at (586) 574-4700.
- 30 DAYS
- ‘She’s only 8 and she’s been through hell’ - Harrison Township
- Woman bound over to circuit court on child abuse charge - Eastpointe
- Beaumont Hospital tops off Proton Therapy Center - Royal Oak
- Local entrepreneur finds life mission through baking - Clinton Township
- New bill hopes to curb inhumane puppy mill operations - Lansing
- West Bloomfield PD tests out new software - West Bloomfield
- Township board approves expansion of C.J. Barrymore’s - Clinton Township
- Teacher uses bracelets to spread positive behavior - Roseville
- Men steal thousands in cigarettes - St. Clair Shores
- Roseville teacher honored for 48 years of service - Roseville
- Serious crash occurs at 23 Mile and Schoenherr - Shelby Township
- Police say deceased man found below tower likely took own life - Shelby Township
- Woman killed in boating accident on Lake St. Clair - Harrison Township
- EPA work to close Harper Avenue for weeks - St. Clair Shores