Published November 4, 2013
Teen shot in back during hotel party
By Jessica Strachan email@example.com
The Southfield Police Department is investigating a shooting that took place over the weekend at Hawthorn Suites, located at 26700 Central Park Blvd., near 11 Mile and Evergreen roads.
Officers responded to a call alleging that gunshots were heard at the hotel at around 1:15 a.m. Nov. 2, according to Lt. Nick Loussia of the Southfield Police Department. Officers at the scene found multiple bullet casings in the area and spoke to several individuals, whom they found in two different rooms during the investigation, he said.
“All of those individuals denied knowing anything about the incident,” Loussia explained, noting that each subject was identified. “While conducting the investigation, the department got a call from the Royal Oak Police Department that a possible gunshot victim had arrived at Beaumont Hospital.”
Additional Southfield officers were dispatched to the emergency room, where the 17-year-old Detroit resident was being treated for a non-life-threatening gunshot wound to his back, according to the report.
“He advised officers that he was leaving a party at that location, and while he and a friend were talking to some girls, they observed a black Chevy Monte Carlo drive by,” Loussia said. “As they did so, shots were fired out of the window. The victim does not believe he was the intended target.”
Police say they are still unsure who the intended target was, but it was determined that more than half a dozen shots were fired in the incident, according to Loussia. At press time, the victim was in stable condition, and the Southfield Police Department is still investigating the matter.
Anyone with information about this crime is asked to call the Southfield Police Department at (248) 796-5500.
- 7 DAYS
- 30 DAYS
- Rock community ready to roast local show promoter - Roseville
- Farewell to the Field event takes a look back - Clawson
- Tour the chocolate factory with Lamphere High’s ‘Willy Wonka’ - Madison Heights
- Military museum announces upcoming event plans - Eastpointe
- Don’t be behind the curve on roundabouts - Metro Detroit
- Bank robbers detained after high-speed pursuit - Harrison Township
- Kroger receives approval for $25 million marketplace - Royal Oak
- Stolen wedding ring a fake report, police say - St. Clair Shores
- Police investigate fatal single-vehicle crash - Shelby Township
- Construction continues at Macomb Mall - Roseville
- Frankenfoods: Are GMOs as scary as people think? - Metro Detroit
- Man in skeleton hoodie robs 7-Eleven - St. Clair Shores
- Jump for Trevor helps teen in need of a heart transplant - Southfield
- Berkley, Huntington Woods rank in top 10 places to live in Michigan - Berkley
- Stolen wedding ring a fake report, police say
- Henry, longtime police K-9, to retire April 17
- Construction continues at Macomb Mall
- Berkley, Huntington Woods rank in top 10 places to live in Michigan
- NAMM award is sweet music to UCS
- Rock community ready to roast local show promoter
- Cycling for a good cause