The Southfield Police Department is investigating a shooting that took place over the weekend at Hawthorn Suites, located at 26700 Central Park Blvd., near 11 Mile and Evergreen roads.
Officers responded to a call alleging that gunshots were heard at the hotel at around 1:15 a.m. Nov. 2, according to Lt. Nick Loussia of the Southfield Police Department. Officers at the scene found multiple bullet casings in the area and spoke to several individuals, whom they found in two different rooms during the investigation, he said.
“All of those individuals denied knowing anything about the incident,” Loussia explained, noting that each subject was identified. “While conducting the investigation, the department got a call from the Royal Oak Police Department that a possible gunshot victim had arrived at Beaumont Hospital.”
Additional Southfield officers were dispatched to the emergency room, where the 17-year-old Detroit resident was being treated for a non-life-threatening gunshot wound to his back, according to the report.
“He advised officers that he was leaving a party at that location, and while he and a friend were talking to some girls, they observed a black Chevy Monte Carlo drive by,” Loussia said. “As they did so, shots were fired out of the window. The victim does not believe he was the intended target.”
Police say they are still unsure who the intended target was, but it was determined that more than half a dozen shots were fired in the incident, according to Loussia. At press time, the victim was in stable condition, and the Southfield Police Department is still investigating the matter.
Anyone with information about this crime is asked to call the Southfield Police Department at (248) 796-5500.
- 30 DAYS
- Police investigate three suspicious car fires - Royal Oak
- Dakota High School student dead after being found in hospital parking structure - Clinton Township
- Alertness may protect your car, holiday gifts - Metro Detroit
- Teen dies after rollover accident - Clinton Township
- Dakota senior earns Eagle Scout recognition - Macomb Township
- Dead body identified as Hazel Park man - Hazel Park
- You’re still a good man, Charlie Brown - Warren
- Explosion rocks neighborhood - St. Clair Shores
- Kramer Homes offers gift of community for disabled vet - Center Line
- Stein Mart opens first metro Detroit store in Rochester Hills - Rochester Hills
- Police arrest suspect in hit-and-run of Troy High School student - Troy
- Commissioners approve Oakland County Animal Control’s new ‘forever home’ - Oakland County
- Chaldean foundation opens new community center - Sterling Heights
- New high school club puts focus on science and technology - Roseville