The Southfield Police Department is investigating a shooting that took place over the weekend at Hawthorn Suites, located at 26700 Central Park Blvd., near 11 Mile and Evergreen roads.
Officers responded to a call alleging that gunshots were heard at the hotel at around 1:15 a.m. Nov. 2, according to Lt. Nick Loussia of the Southfield Police Department. Officers at the scene found multiple bullet casings in the area and spoke to several individuals, whom they found in two different rooms during the investigation, he said.
“All of those individuals denied knowing anything about the incident,” Loussia explained, noting that each subject was identified. “While conducting the investigation, the department got a call from the Royal Oak Police Department that a possible gunshot victim had arrived at Beaumont Hospital.”
Additional Southfield officers were dispatched to the emergency room, where the 17-year-old Detroit resident was being treated for a non-life-threatening gunshot wound to his back, according to the report.
“He advised officers that he was leaving a party at that location, and while he and a friend were talking to some girls, they observed a black Chevy Monte Carlo drive by,” Loussia said. “As they did so, shots were fired out of the window. The victim does not believe he was the intended target.”
Police say they are still unsure who the intended target was, but it was determined that more than half a dozen shots were fired in the incident, according to Loussia. At press time, the victim was in stable condition, and the Southfield Police Department is still investigating the matter.
Anyone with information about this crime is asked to call the Southfield Police Department at (248) 796-5500.
- 30 DAYS
- Teens caught shooting paintballs at homes - St. Clair Shores
- Transit center legal question delayed - Troy
- New Kroger could be finished by Thanksgiving - Roseville
- Parade marches on with cheering crowds - St. Clair Shores
- Drilling ordinances ban fracking - Rochester Hills
- Busy weekend ahead for car and truck enthusiasts - Macomb Township
- High school custodian nominated for ‘distinguished’ award - Royal Oak
- BHS recognized as one of the most challenging high schools in the state - Berkley
- Auto accident critically injures Stevenson student - Sterling Heights
- A mother’s dream come true - Macomb Township
- Stevenson student dies after M-53 accident - Sterling Heights
- Sheriff shares latest developments in fatal Stony Creek crash - Shelby Township
- East Detroit approves school uniform policy - Eastpointe
- Three 17-year-olds die in single-vehicle crash at park - Shelby Township