Two men accused of committing a spate of robberies earlier this month — including three at Family Dollar stores in Warren and another in Southfield — are now in custody, police confirmed Feb. 19.
Warren police Detective Scott Isaacson said one of the suspects, identified only as a 20-year-old Detroit resident pending his arraignment in the 37th District Court, was arrested by Westland police Feb. 16 after an attempted robbery at a cash advance store.
Isaacson said the man was later transferred to the custody of Canton police, where he was also expected to face charges.
Investigators reportedly contacted Warren police after the man was identified as a suspect in a string of robberies, including two at separate Family Dollar stores in Warren Feb. 4 and a third at another Family Dollar location in Warren Feb. 11.
Isaacson said Warren police, acting on tips generated by surveillance photos, were able to identify a second suspect in the Warren and Southfield robberies.
Officers with the Warren Police Department’s Special Operations Unit later arrested the second suspect, now identified as 20-year-old Perez Daniels, at his home near Eight Mile and Ryan in Detroit.
Daniels was arraigned on armed robbery and attempted armed robbery charges in the 37th District Court Feb. 20. He requested court-appointed legal counsel and remained jailed on a $250,000 bond.
Detectives said the other suspect would face charges in Warren at some point, but that he remained in custody in another jurisdiction with outstanding robbery charges now pending in Wayne, Oakland and Macomb counties.
The men allegedly used a toy gun to rob the Family Dollar stores on Nine Mile, east of Ryan, and Eight Mile, west of Mound, Feb. 4, the same day they allegedly committed another robbery in Southfield. The pair also allegedly targeted the Family Dollar store near Eight Mile and Van Dyke Feb. 11.
- 30 DAYS
- School board member’s Facebook post a ‘mistake’ - Roseville
- ‘Justice for Theresa’ served, killer gets life in prison - Warren
- Suspect charged with carjacking 97-year-old woman - Warren
- Local mom creates app to preserve memories - Farmington Hills
- Plans to connect Troy to the Clinton River Trail proceed - Troy
- Movie theater to undergo $8.5 million renovation - Clinton Township
- New micro housing project receives green light - Royal Oak
- Goodbye Bloomfield Park, hello Village at Bloomfield - Bloomfield Township
- St. Joan of Arc considering fence, admission to keep peace at ’16 fair - St. Clair Shores
- Menards now looking at fall 2015 opening - Warren
- Seniors lose graduation privileges after Stoney Creek High School vandalism - Rochester Hills
- Stoney Creek student overcomes leukemia to graduate, heads to Harvard - Rochester Hills
- Three in custody tied to robberies at 7-Eleven, Family Video - Warren
- Some pig - Shelby Township