WarrenFebruary 21, 2013
Suspects in Family Dollar robberies arrested
By Brian Louwers
C & G Staff Writer
Two men accused of committing a spate of robberies earlier this month — including three at Family Dollar stores in Warren and another in Southfield — are now in custody, police confirmed Feb. 19.
Warren police Detective Scott Isaacson said one of the suspects, identified only as a 20-year-old Detroit resident pending his arraignment in the 37th District Court, was arrested by Westland police Feb. 16 after an attempted robbery at a cash advance store.
Isaacson said the man was later transferred to the custody of Canton police, where he was also expected to face charges.
Investigators reportedly contacted Warren police after the man was identified as a suspect in a string of robberies, including two at separate Family Dollar stores in Warren Feb. 4 and a third at another Family Dollar location in Warren Feb. 11.
Isaacson said Warren police, acting on tips generated by surveillance photos, were able to identify a second suspect in the Warren and Southfield robberies.
Officers with the Warren Police Department’s Special Operations Unit later arrested the second suspect, now identified as 20-year-old Perez Daniels, at his home near Eight Mile and Ryan in Detroit.
Daniels was arraigned on armed robbery and attempted armed robbery charges in the 37th District Court Feb. 20. He requested court-appointed legal counsel and remained jailed on a $250,000 bond.
Detectives said the other suspect would face charges in Warren at some point, but that he remained in custody in another jurisdiction with outstanding robbery charges now pending in Wayne, Oakland and Macomb counties.
The men allegedly used a toy gun to rob the Family Dollar stores on Nine Mile, east of Ryan, and Eight Mile, west of Mound, Feb. 4, the same day they allegedly committed another robbery in Southfield. The pair also allegedly targeted the Family Dollar store near Eight Mile and Van Dyke Feb. 11.
- Last 24 Hours
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- Local chefs share trade secrets for creating the perfect holiday cookie - Metro Detroit
- Mount Clemens man accused of sexually assaulting daughters - Mount Clemens
- Parks and Rec confirms ITC won’t work on trail until 2014 - West Bloomfield
- Two suspects on loose after robbing Comerica Bank - Clinton Township
- Special needs program receives $10,000 grant for iPads - Hazel Park
- Ferndale introduces 30-minute free parking zones around city - Ferndale
- Man charged for indecent exposure on Hall Road - Utica
- Lieutenant promoted to Deputy Police Chief - St. Clair Shores
- Woman found dead in Warren home - Warren
- Former Birmingham mayor arrested again on meth charges - Birmingham
- Homeowner shoots at home invasion suspect - Harper Woods
- WWTHS graduate killed in Libya remembered - Warren
- Love surrounds local teacher fighting cancer - Warren
- Community rallies for Shelby boy with brain cancer - Shelby Township
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer - Shelby Township
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams - Walled Lake
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee - Macomb Township
- Attorney dies in Harper Avenue crash - St. Clair Shores
- CVHS students to stage production of ‘Hairspray’ - Clinton Township
- Missing woman found dead - West Bloomfield
- Looking Back: Selinsky-Green Farmhouse c. 1898 - St. Clair Shores
- Sterling woman hurt in shooting - Sterling Heights
- Christmas comes to the Shores - St. Clair Shores
- County board considers regional water authority proposal - Macomb County
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee
- Child prodigy becomes youngest artist exhibited at Park West Gallery
- All in the family
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi