Andrew Keith faces multiple charges, including open murder, for allegedly shooting his stepfather, Johnny Lee Buckner, multiple times and fleeing Buckner’s home in the 18700 block of Old Homestead last month.
Keith, 43, of Detroit, was arraigned in front of Judge Roger LaRose in 32A District Court Feb. 28. His preliminary exam is scheduled for 1:30 p.m. March 13, according to information from the Wayne County Prosecutor’s Office. He was ordered to be held without a bond.
The shooting took place Feb. 13. A relative discovered Buckner’s body that same day.
“Further details about the facts surrounding the homicide will be presented in court at the preliminary examination,” Assistant Wayne County Prosecuting Attorney Maria Miller, director of communications for the Wayne County Prosecutor’s Office, stated in an email.
Keith is also charged with larceny of more than $1,000 up to $20,000, being a felon in possession of a firearm and possessing a firearm during the commission of a felony.
He requested a court-appointed attorney who had not been assigned as of March 1.
- 30 DAYS
- Teens caught shooting paintballs at homes - St. Clair Shores
- Transit center legal question delayed - Troy
- New Kroger could be finished by Thanksgiving - Roseville
- Parade marches on with cheering crowds - St. Clair Shores
- Drilling ordinances ban fracking - Rochester Hills
- Busy weekend ahead for car and truck enthusiasts - Macomb Township
- High school custodian nominated for ‘distinguished’ award - Royal Oak
- BHS recognized as one of the most challenging high schools in the state - Berkley
- Auto accident critically injures Stevenson student - Sterling Heights
- A mother’s dream come true - Macomb Township
- Stevenson student dies after M-53 accident - Sterling Heights
- Sheriff shares latest developments in fatal Stony Creek crash - Shelby Township
- East Detroit approves school uniform policy - Eastpointe
- Three 17-year-olds die in single-vehicle crash at park - Shelby Township