Harper WoodsMarch 1, 2013
Suspect arraigned in Old Homestead killing
By April Lehmbeck
C & G Staff Writer
Andrew Keith faces multiple charges, including open murder, for allegedly shooting his stepfather, Johnny Lee Buckner, multiple times and fleeing Buckner’s home in the 18700 block of Old Homestead last month.
Keith, 43, of Detroit, was arraigned in front of Judge Roger LaRose in 32A District Court Feb. 28. His preliminary exam is scheduled for 1:30 p.m. March 13, according to information from the Wayne County Prosecutor’s Office. He was ordered to be held without a bond.
The shooting took place Feb. 13. A relative discovered Buckner’s body that same day.
“Further details about the facts surrounding the homicide will be presented in court at the preliminary examination,” Assistant Wayne County Prosecuting Attorney Maria Miller, director of communications for the Wayne County Prosecutor’s Office, stated in an email.
Keith is also charged with larceny of more than $1,000 up to $20,000, being a felon in possession of a firearm and possessing a firearm during the commission of a felony.
He requested a court-appointed attorney who had not been assigned as of March 1.
- Last 24 Hours
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- WB board to petition governor for treasurer’s removal - West Bloomfield
- Bashara seeks laptop in jail as he prepares for murder trial - Detroit
- Hackel touts ‘resurgence’ of Macomb County economy - Macomb County
- Commission takes stance against I-75 expansion - Royal Oak
- Puppies transform prisoners - Rochester Hills
- Troy makes Grand Sakwa offer for transit center land - Troy
- All in the family - Clinton Township
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi - Metro Detroit
- Looking Back: 1920s Coolidge Highway - Berkley
- Lieutenant promoted to Deputy Police Chief - St. Clair Shores
- Looking Back: Warren Co-op - Warren
- Ferndale resident taking part in Potters Market for first time - Ferndale
- Avoid holiday horror stories - Shelby Township
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer - Shelby Township
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams - Walled Lake
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee - Macomb Township
- East Detroit student dies following pool accident - Eastpointe
- Attorney dies in Harper Avenue crash - St. Clair Shores
- CVHS students to stage production of ‘Hairspray’ - Clinton Township
- Looking Back: Selinsky-Green Farmhouse c. 1898 - St. Clair Shores
- Sterling woman hurt in shooting - Sterling Heights
- Christmas comes to the Shores - St. Clair Shores
- County board considers regional water authority proposal - Macomb County
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee
- Child prodigy becomes youngest artist exhibited at Park West Gallery
- All in the family
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi