A Roseville police officer was arrested by the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration Sept. 16 as part of a probe into steroid and performance-enhancing drug abuse.
Officer Gregory Moore was arraigned in 40th District Court in St. Clair Shores Sept. 24 on two counts of felony drug possession and one count of maintaining a drug house.
“Each of those are four-year felonies,” Roseville Police Chief James Berlin said.
According to a press release from the Roseville Police Department, Moore has been placed on unpaid administrative leave pending the results of the DEA criminal investigation and an internal investigation, both of which are ongoing. Berlin said he did not know how long the DEA investigation has been going on.
Rich Isaacson, Detroit DEA public information officer, said that since it's an ongoing investigation, he can only confirm that the DEA had an active role in the investigation.
Moore’s attorney, Martha Champine, declined to issue a comment Sept. 26. Moore, a 10-year Police Department veteran, has a preliminary exam at 8:15 a.m. Oct. 4.
- 30 DAYS
- ‘She’s only 8 and she’s been through hell’ - Harrison Township
- Woman bound over to circuit court on child abuse charge - Eastpointe
- Beaumont Hospital tops off Proton Therapy Center - Royal Oak
- Local entrepreneur finds life mission through baking - Clinton Township
- New bill hopes to curb inhumane puppy mill operations - Lansing
- West Bloomfield PD tests out new software - West Bloomfield
- Township board approves expansion of C.J. Barrymore’s - Clinton Township
- Teacher uses bracelets to spread positive behavior - Roseville
- Men steal thousands in cigarettes - St. Clair Shores
- Roseville teacher honored for 48 years of service - Roseville
- Serious crash occurs at 23 Mile and Schoenherr - Shelby Township
- Police say deceased man found below tower likely took own life - Shelby Township
- Woman killed in boating accident on Lake St. Clair - Harrison Township
- EPA work to close Harper Avenue for weeks - St. Clair Shores