SouthfieldJuly 15, 2013
Restaurant manager held at gunpoint during robbery
By Jessica Strachan
C & G Staff Writer
The manager of a local Wendy’s fast food restaurant was targeted in an armed robbery that happened after the business closed early Monday morning, according to police.
Lt. Nick Loussia of the Southfield Police Department said the employee was walking to his car in the parking lot at around 1:30 a.m. July 15 when he was approached by a suspect who pointed a handgun at him. The victim reported that he was forced to unlock the door to the restaurant and go back inside, leading the suspect to the safe.
After gathering an undisclosed amount of cash from the safe, the suspect allegedly told the victim to lie down on the floor and not move, or he would be shot. The suspect fled through the rear door of the building, and responding officers were unable to locate him in a check of the area around the West Eight Mile Road location, according to the report.
The suspect is described as a man, approximately 5 feet, 9 inches to 5 feet, 11 inches tall, 160-170 pounds, wearing a yellow hoodie under a black leather jacket, green cargo pants, Timberland boots and black mechanic’s gloves. The victim said the suspect had his face covered by the hoodie and a cloth over his nose and mouth.
He was reportedly armed with a semi-automatic handgun.
The victim was unharmed in the incident.
Anyone with information on this case is asked to call the Southfield Police Department at (248)796-5500.
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- Missing woman found dead - West Bloomfield
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall - Berkley
- All in the family - Clinton Township
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi - Metro Detroit
- Premature birth rates decline in Michigan for sixth year - Metro Detroit
- Police seek help in fatal hit-and-run - Clinton Township
- Looking Back: 1920s Coolidge Highway - Berkley
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer - Shelby Township
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams - Walled Lake
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee - Macomb Township
- East Detroit student dies following pool accident - Eastpointe
- Attorney dies in Harper Avenue crash - St. Clair Shores
- CVHS students to stage production of ‘Hairspray’ - Clinton Township
- Looking Back: Selinsky-Green Farmhouse c. 1898 - St. Clair Shores
- Sterling woman hurt in shooting - Sterling Heights
- Christmas comes to the Shores - St. Clair Shores
- County board considers regional water authority proposal - Macomb County
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee
- Child prodigy becomes youngest artist exhibited at Park West Gallery
- All in the family
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi