The manager of a local Wendy’s fast food restaurant was targeted in an armed robbery that happened after the business closed early Monday morning, according to police.
Lt. Nick Loussia of the Southfield Police Department said the employee was walking to his car in the parking lot at around 1:30 a.m. July 15 when he was approached by a suspect who pointed a handgun at him. The victim reported that he was forced to unlock the door to the restaurant and go back inside, leading the suspect to the safe.
After gathering an undisclosed amount of cash from the safe, the suspect allegedly told the victim to lie down on the floor and not move, or he would be shot. The suspect fled through the rear door of the building, and responding officers were unable to locate him in a check of the area around the West Eight Mile Road location, according to the report.
The suspect is described as a man, approximately 5 feet, 9 inches to 5 feet, 11 inches tall, 160-170 pounds, wearing a yellow hoodie under a black leather jacket, green cargo pants, Timberland boots and black mechanic’s gloves. The victim said the suspect had his face covered by the hoodie and a cloth over his nose and mouth.
He was reportedly armed with a semi-automatic handgun.
The victim was unharmed in the incident.
Anyone with information on this case is asked to call the Southfield Police Department at (248)796-5500.
- 30 DAYS
- EPA work to close Harper Avenue for weeks - St. Clair Shores
- West Bloomfield hopes to ‘eliminate the stigma’ - West Bloomfield
- K-9 to receive bulletproof vest - Grosse Pointe Woods
- Shelby to Utica trail connection work to wrap up Nov. 15 - Shelby Township
- Rochester hires new city manager - Rochester
- Multitasking your workout - Metro Detroit
- New web series features talents of local actors - St. Clair Shores
- Teacher uses bracelets to spread positive behavior - Roseville
- Men steal thousands in cigarettes - St. Clair Shores
- Serious crash occurs at 23 Mile and Schoenherr - Shelby Township
- Roseville teacher honored for 48 years of service - Roseville
- Police say deceased man found below tower likely took own life - Shelby Township
- Made in Michigan Festival returns with race, food trucks and more - St. Clair Shores
- Woman killed in boating accident on Lake St. Clair - Harrison Township