SouthfieldMarch 6, 2013
Police shoot two home invasion suspects
By Jessica Strachan
C & G Staff Writer
SOUTHFIELD — Southfield officers shot two men March 4 during a reported home invasion in the 21000 block of Potomac.
Police say the suspected home invaders attempted to run the officers down in their vehicle while trying to flee. All five suspects in the car were eventually arrested, with the two shot and wounded being treated in a local hospital.
Officers were reportedly responding to a resident’s call on a home invasion attempt around 3:50 a.m. When they arrived on the scene, they observed three suspects running from the home and then entering a vehicle waiting on the street, according to Lt. Michael Leon of the Southfield Police Department.
Just as officers were approaching the vehicle, the driver reportedly sped forward to strike the Southfield Police Department patrol vehicle and then backed up to speed toward the officers who were on foot.
The officers responded by firing their weapons and striking two of the suspects who were in the vehicle, according to the report.
Backup officers pursued the car, according to Lt. Nick Loussia, and arrested the five suspects in the area of 11 Mile and Lahser roads; two were taken to the hospital with non-threatening conditions. Loussia said that they had been in stable condition as of the morning of March 4.
The two had only minor injuries, including scrapes on the wrists and knees, and charges are pending for the suspects.
- Last 24 Hours
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- WB board to petition governor for treasurer’s removal - West Bloomfield
- Bashara seeks laptop in jail as he prepares for murder trial - Detroit
- Commission takes stance against I-75 expansion - Royal Oak
- Puppies transform prisoners - Rochester Hills
- Troy makes Grand Sakwa offer for transit center land - Troy
- Hackel touts ‘resurgence’ of Macomb County economy - Macomb County
- All in the family - Clinton Township
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi - Metro Detroit
- Looking Back: 1920s Coolidge Highway - Berkley
- Lieutenant promoted to Deputy Police Chief - St. Clair Shores
- Looking Back: Warren Co-op - Warren
- Ferndale resident taking part in Potters Market for first time - Ferndale
- Avoid holiday horror stories - Shelby Township
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer - Shelby Township
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams - Walled Lake
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee - Macomb Township
- East Detroit student dies following pool accident - Eastpointe
- Attorney dies in Harper Avenue crash - St. Clair Shores
- CVHS students to stage production of ‘Hairspray’ - Clinton Township
- Looking Back: Selinsky-Green Farmhouse c. 1898 - St. Clair Shores
- Sterling woman hurt in shooting - Sterling Heights
- Christmas comes to the Shores - St. Clair Shores
- County board considers regional water authority proposal - Macomb County
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee
- Child prodigy becomes youngest artist exhibited at Park West Gallery
- All in the family
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi