TroyApril 2, 2013
Police seek help in Rochester Road fatal car crash investigation
By Terry Oparka
C & G Staff Writer
Police are asking people with information on a fatal car crash on southbound Rochester Road, at Long Lake, to call them.
According to reports, at just after 4 p.m. April 1, a gold 2011 or 2012 Chevy Malibu pulled out of a private drive onto southbound Rochester Road and was involved in a minor accident with a silver SUV. A silver 2006 Toyota Scion travelling south on Rochester Road tried to avoid the accident and veered left into oncoming traffic on northbound Rochester, Troy police Sgt. Andy Breidenich said.
The Toyota sideswiped a 2013 Buick, then struck a northbound 2004 Saturn head on, Breidenich said. The Buick veered left into a 2001 Ford Taurus travelling southbound on Rochester Road, according to reports.
The driver of the Toyota, who Breidenich said was not wearing a seatbelt, was transported from the scene to Beaumont Hospital, Troy, where he was pronounced deceased. Police are not releasing his name at this time.
The driver of the Buick was transported to Beaumont Hospital, Troy, with injuries that were not life threatening. Police do not know if alcohol and/or drugs were factors in the accidents.
The drivers of the original accident involving the Malibu and the SUV left the scene without identifying themselves and were last seen heading northbound on Rochester Road, at Long Lake, police said.
Southbound Rochester Road was closed for three hours, and northbound lanes of Rochester Road were closed for 40 minutes while police investigated.
Police are asking the drivers of the Malibu and the silver SUV to report their accident as soon as possible to Troy police. Also, anyone with information on the identity of the drivers of the Malibu and silver SUV to call (248) 524-3477.
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- Missing woman found dead - West Bloomfield
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall - Berkley
- All in the family - Clinton Township
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi - Metro Detroit
- Premature birth rates decline in Michigan for sixth year - Metro Detroit
- Looking Back: 1920s Coolidge Highway - Berkley
- Police seek help in fatal hit-and-run - Clinton Township
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer - Shelby Township
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams - Walled Lake
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee - Macomb Township
- East Detroit student dies following pool accident - Eastpointe
- Attorney dies in Harper Avenue crash - St. Clair Shores
- CVHS students to stage production of ‘Hairspray’ - Clinton Township
- Looking Back: Selinsky-Green Farmhouse c. 1898 - St. Clair Shores
- Sterling woman hurt in shooting - Sterling Heights
- Christmas comes to the Shores - St. Clair Shores
- County board considers regional water authority proposal - Macomb County
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee
- Child prodigy becomes youngest artist exhibited at Park West Gallery
- All in the family
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi