Police are looking for a suspect in an armed robbery at the Charter One Bank at 10 Mile and Telegraph roads in Southfield Oct. 4.
According to Sgt. Brian Bassett of the Southfield Police Department, a white man suspected to be in his 30s entered the bank at approximately 1 p.m. and initially told the teller that he wanted to make a withdrawal from his account.
The suspect asked the teller if he could make the withdrawal using his ID, and she said yes.
“He placed his backpack on the counter at that time and removed a black handgun from the backpack,” Bassett said. “(The teller) just thought he was reaching to get his ID, and then he presented the gun.”
The suspected pointed the gun at the teller and demanded, “Give me all your money,” according to the report. As of Friday afternoon, the amount the suspect was able to take in his backpack was still unknown, Bassett said.
After the suspect fled with the money, the red dye pack went off in the parking lot.
According to the description, the man is between 5 feet 5 inches and 5 feet 7 inches tall, weighing about 170 pounds. He was wearing a dark-colored fedora-style hat, dark-framed glasses, a dark jacket over a white shirt with vertical stripes and tan pants.
He was last seen driving southbound on Telegraph from 10 Mile Road in a silver or grey Ford Focus. The vehicle is noted as being a two-door, hatchback-style Focus with a bike rack on the back.
- 30 DAYS
- Police investigate three suspicious car fires - Royal Oak
- Dakota High School student dead after being found in hospital parking structure - Clinton Township
- Alertness may protect your car, holiday gifts - Metro Detroit
- Teen dies after rollover accident - Clinton Township
- Dakota senior earns Eagle Scout recognition - Macomb Township
- Dead body identified as Hazel Park man - Hazel Park
- You’re still a good man, Charlie Brown - Warren
- Explosion rocks neighborhood - St. Clair Shores
- Kramer Homes offers gift of community for disabled vet - Center Line
- Stein Mart opens first metro Detroit store in Rochester Hills - Rochester Hills
- Police arrest suspect in hit-and-run of Troy High School student - Troy
- Commissioners approve Oakland County Animal Control’s new ‘forever home’ - Oakland County
- Chaldean foundation opens new community center - Sterling Heights
- New high school club puts focus on science and technology - Roseville