Police investigate possible sexual assault of preschooler
Published June 6, 2013
Police are asking that parents whose children attended a preschool in Troy in the past several years to talk to their children following reports of a possible sexual assault.
Troy police Capt. Bob Redmond said police received a report of a possible sexual assault that occurred at the preschool at St. Augustine Lutheran Church, 5475 Livernois, north of Long Lake, May 22.
As required, Child Protective Services sent out letters to all parents whose children attended the facility in the last few years.
“Parents need to talk to their children if they got the letter,” Redmond said.
Police will protect the identity of any victims, Redmond said. He noted that investigations of this nature take considerable time to properly conduct.
He would not provide any information about the suspect or the number of assaults police believe occurred.
Officials at St. Augustine Lutheran Church said they had no comment at press time and that they would issue a statement at a later time.
- 30 DAYS
- When time is short, some tips to start your round off right - Metro Detroit
- Woman faces child abuse charges after infant found injured - Eastpointe
- Event will make splash in Lake St. Clair - Harrison Township
- ‘Mother of all buyouts’ comes to Farmington Public Schools - Farmington Hills
- The pieces come together for library mosaic mural - Sterling Heights
- Birmingham’s Rick Joseph is state’s top teacher - Bloomfield Hills
- ‘Get into the pit’ or enjoy some ‘pop’ - Chesterfield Township
- BHS recognized as one of the most challenging high schools in the state - Berkley
- Auto accident critically injures Stevenson student - Sterling Heights
- A mother’s dream come true - Macomb Township
- Stevenson student dies after M-53 accident - Sterling Heights
- Sheriff shares latest developments in fatal Stony Creek crash - Shelby Township
- East Detroit approves school uniform policy - Eastpointe
- Three 17-year-olds die in single-vehicle crash at park - Shelby Township