Police are asking that parents whose children attended a preschool in Troy in the past several years to talk to their children following reports of a possible sexual assault.
Troy police Capt. Bob Redmond said police received a report of a possible sexual assault that occurred at the preschool at St. Augustine Lutheran Church, 5475 Livernois, north of Long Lake, May 22.
As required, Child Protective Services sent out letters to all parents whose children attended the facility in the last few years.
“Parents need to talk to their children if they got the letter,” Redmond said.
Police will protect the identity of any victims, Redmond said. He noted that investigations of this nature take considerable time to properly conduct.
He would not provide any information about the suspect or the number of assaults police believe occurred.
Officials at St. Augustine Lutheran Church said they had no comment at press time and that they would issue a statement at a later time.
- 30 DAYS
- Local teen wins state pageant title - St. Clair Shores
- Scrivo sentenced to life without parole - St. Clair Shores
- Car chase ends with teen driving into Clinton River - Macomb
- BHMS student to be featured at international art show - Bloomfield Township
- ‘Justice for Theresa’ served, killer gets life in prison - Warren
- City offers road, parking lot renovation updates - Sterling Heights
- Warren grows bountiful farmers markets - Warren
- Goodbye Bloomfield Park, hello Village at Bloomfield - Bloomfield Township
- St. Joan of Arc considering fence, admission to keep peace at ’16 fair - St. Clair Shores
- Menards now looking at fall 2015 opening - Warren
- Seniors lose graduation privileges after Stoney Creek High School vandalism - Rochester Hills
- Stoney Creek student overcomes leukemia to graduate, heads to Harvard - Rochester Hills
- Three in custody tied to robberies at 7-Eleven, Family Video - Warren
- Some pig - Shelby Township