CLINTON TOWNSHIP — Police are investigating the fatal shooting of a 24-year-old Clinton Township man that occurred the evening of May 5 at Prince Drewry Park in Clinton Township.
Clinton Township Det. Capt. Richard Maierle said the victim was shot once in the chest around 6:50 p.m. at the park, which is located next to Robbie Hall Parker Elementary School on Quinn Road, east of Gratiot. The victim’s family drove him to McLaren Macomb hospital in Mount Clemens, where he was pronounced dead on arrival, he said.
Detectives were continuing to investigate the events that led to the shooting, including reports of an argument that occurred, Maierle said.
There were about 20 to 30 other people in the park at the time, he said.
Police are asking witnesses to call investigators at (586) 493-7847 or (586) 493-7840.
- 30 DAYS
- Fraser High band to perform at college football bowl game - Fraser
- Driver in crash that killed teen faces murder charge - Sterling Heights
- Local chef, culinary students help those in need this Thanksgiving - St. Clair Shores
- New Fraser council members sworn in - Fraser
- Harper reopened for traffic - St. Clair Shores
- No injuries after shot fired during robbery - Roseville
- Students share words of thanks during holiday week - Clawson
- Explosion rocks neighborhood - St. Clair Shores
- Kramer Homes offers gift of community for disabled vet - Center Line
- Stein Mart opens first metro Detroit store in Rochester Hills - Rochester Hills
- Hollywood actress partners with Clawson women in warming cause - Clawson
- Police arrest suspect in hit-and-run of Troy High School student - Troy
- Commissioners approve Oakland County Animal Control’s new ‘forever home’ - Oakland County
- Chaldean foundation opens new community center - Sterling Heights