Harper WoodsApril 26, 2013
Police arrest trio after shots heard in neighborhood
By April Lehmbeck
C & G Staff Writer
Police tracked down three men at a home in the 19900 block of Lancaster after shots were fired in the area at about 1:30 p.m. April 25, according to police information.
Harper Woods police officers in the area heard two gunshots, and calls started coming into 911 about gunshots heard in that area, as well.
After locating the home where the shots were heard, officers set up a perimeter while nearby public safety officers from the Grosse Pointes arrived to assist.
“Officers were unable to make contact and the Eastern Wayne Special Response Team (EWSRT) was activated to assist,” Harper Woods Police Chief James Burke stated in a Nixle.com release.
After the special response team made contact, the suspects surrendered and were held without bond.
Safety precautions were taken with local schools.
“Due to the proximity of numerous schools to the incident location, both Harper Woods and Grosse Pointe school districts and several charter schools were placed in lockdown for the safety of our kids,” Burke stated. “No injuries were reported.”
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- Lieutenant promoted to Deputy Police Chief - St. Clair Shores
- Former Birmingham mayor arrested again on meth charges - Birmingham
- Woman found dead in Warren home - Warren
- Homeowner shoots at home invasion suspect - Harper Woods
- WWTHS graduate killed in Libya remembered - Warren
- Love surrounds local teacher fighting cancer - Warren
- Community rallies for Shelby boy with brain cancer - Shelby Township
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer - Shelby Township
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams - Walled Lake
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee - Macomb Township
- CVHS students to stage production of ‘Hairspray’ - Clinton Township
- Missing woman found dead - West Bloomfield
- Looking Back: Selinsky-Green Farmhouse c. 1898 - St. Clair Shores
- New Macomb Mall owners to redevelop Crowley’s building - Roseville
- Sterling woman hurt in shooting - Sterling Heights
- Christmas comes to the Shores - St. Clair Shores
- County board considers regional water authority proposal - Macomb County
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee
- Child prodigy becomes youngest artist exhibited at Park West Gallery
- All in the family
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi