Police tracked down three men at a home in the 19900 block of Lancaster after shots were fired in the area at about 1:30 p.m. April 25, according to police information.
Harper Woods police officers in the area heard two gunshots, and calls started coming into 911 about gunshots heard in that area, as well.
After locating the home where the shots were heard, officers set up a perimeter while nearby public safety officers from the Grosse Pointes arrived to assist.
“Officers were unable to make contact and the Eastern Wayne Special Response Team (EWSRT) was activated to assist,” Harper Woods Police Chief James Burke stated in a Nixle.com release.
After the special response team made contact, the suspects surrendered and were held without bond.
Safety precautions were taken with local schools.
“Due to the proximity of numerous schools to the incident location, both Harper Woods and Grosse Pointe school districts and several charter schools were placed in lockdown for the safety of our kids,” Burke stated. “No injuries were reported.”
- 30 DAYS
- Police warn residents of IRS phone scam - Clawson
- Fire Department seeks a few good men and women - Troy
- Local chef, culinary students help those in need this Thanksgiving - St. Clair Shores
- Woman dies after police find her unresponsive in car - Royal Oak
- Downtown Birmingham rolls out new logo, holiday perks - Birmingham
- New women’s center focuses on pregnant teens - Eastpointe
- Holiday plays planned in Eastpointe - Eastpointe
- Ghost hunters report paranormal activity at Octagon House - Washington Township
- Explosion rocks neighborhood - St. Clair Shores
- Kramer Homes offers gift of community for disabled vet - Center Line
- Stein Mart opens first metro Detroit store in Rochester Hills - Rochester Hills
- Hollywood actress partners with Clawson women in warming cause - Clawson
- Police arrest suspect in hit-and-run of Troy High School student - Troy
- Commissioners approve Oakland County Animal Control’s new ‘forever home’ - Oakland County