Pair sought in break-in on North River
By Julie Snyder
August 14, 2013
» click to enlarge «
Investigators are looking for tips in locating this male suspect who broke into a home in the 25000 block of North River Road in Harrison Township at around 7:40 a.m. on Aug. 12.
Detectives with the Macomb County Sheriff's Department are looking for tips in locating this distinctive Chevrolet pickup truck driven by a male suspect involved in a Monday morning home invasion on North River Road in Harrison Township.
HARRISON TOWNSHIP — Macomb County Sheriff’s authorities are looking for a man who broke into a home on North River Road in Harrison Township the morning of Aug. 12, and the woman who accompanied him.
A crime report states that deputies responded to the home in the 25000 block of North River at 7:43 a.m. after the residential alarm was tripped. Upon their arrival, they found that the front door of the home had been forcibly opened.
Deputies entered the home and found it unoccupied. The home was then secured and the homeowners were contacted.
Because the home is equipped with surveillance cameras, deputies were able to retrieve images of the two suspects involved in the crime. The surveillance camera recorded two subjects, a male and a female, walking around the exterior of the home.
The female subject is seen walking to the front door and knocking before returning to a distinctive-looking four-door pick-up truck with a black bed and orange doors. The male subject then exits the truck, which appears to have a black bed and orange doors, and walks up on the porch. After walking around the residence and attempting to disable a camera, the man is seen kicking the entry door 17 times before making entry.
It does not appear that anything was taken in the Monday morning break-in, police state.
Macomb County Sheriff’s Lt. John Michalke said the pick-up truck had a Chevrolet logo on the rear, and the female suspect is described as black with a slender build. The male suspect is white with dark hair and a mustache. Anyone who may recognize the pick-up truck or the male suspect seen in the provided images is asked to call the Macomb County Sheriff’s Office Detective Bureau at (586) 307-9358.
About the author
Staff Writer Julie Snyder covers Harrison Township, Mount Clemens, Macomb County, L’Anse Creuse Public Schools, and Mount Clemens Community Schools for the Journal. She has worked for C & G Newspapers since 2003, and attended the University of Toledo with degrees in journalism and photography. Julie has received several awards for her work in Arizona and Washington, including AP awards in Arizona for breaking news reporting and feature writing.
- 30 DAYS
- Downtown Rochester to welcome Kris Kringle Market - Rochester
- City moves water contract to new authority - St. Clair Shores
- Group unveils tentative list of crash-prone intersections - Metro Detroit
- Two Muses finds new location in Waterford theater - West Bloomfield
- New women’s center focuses on pregnant teens - Eastpointe
- Police seek information on bank hit-and-run crash - Roseville
- Wreaths to be laid on hallowed ground Dec.12 - Metro Detroit
- Explosion rocks neighborhood - St. Clair Shores
- Kramer Homes offers gift of community for disabled vet - Center Line
- Stein Mart opens first metro Detroit store in Rochester Hills - Rochester Hills
- Commissioners approve Oakland County Animal Control’s new ‘forever home’ - Oakland County
- Chaldean foundation opens new community center - Sterling Heights
- Richard Sulaka passes away suddenly at 60 - Warren
- New high school club puts focus on science and technology - Roseville